• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What If?

Sneezy

So the entertaining brain behind XKCD is going to compile and publish a What If book. I have to admit I am excited and have already preordered it.

What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions will be published September 2nd by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Starting today you can pre-order it from your favorite bookseller (Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Indie Bound). There are also foreign editions, including a UK and Commonwealth edition and a German edition.

As I’ve sifted through the letters submitted to What If every week, I’ve occasionally set aside particularly neat questions that I wanted to spend a little more time on. This book features my answers to those questions, along with revised and updated versions of some of my favorite articles from the site. (I’m also including my personal list of the weirdest questions people have submitted.)

whatif_2.png

Source

Last edited:
I love this type of book. I picked up a book once in a bookstore which discussed how history would have been changed had some trivial detail not happened in the past. It was mesmerizing. I didn't have enough money on me at the time to buy it and I swore I would go back but never did. I'm glad you brought this subject up because now I want to find that book *LOL*

Back