• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What should I read next?

schnappy

I'm almost finished with my current book and would like suggestions on what to read next.

At the top of my TBR pile are

The Stand by Stephen King
Rebecca by Daphne Dumaurier
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Thanks for the suggestions!

The Stand was one of few Stephen King books I actually liked. I read the really really long version but it must be good because i finished it. Hated Time traveler and great Expectations, and never read the others.

Great Expectations is probably my favourite Charles Dickens, one of the few of his books I think is actually worth the read. I haven't read any of the others but have had Rebecca recommended to me by someone I know. She has a pretty decent taste in books.

I have read both The Time Traveler's Wife and Ender's Game, and some of Great Expectations. I absolutely LOVED The Time Traveler's Wife, and I should emphasize that it is almost nothing like the movie based upon it. There is a lot of depth there, and the ending is rewarding and endearing!

Ender's Game is often regarded as one of the greatest pieces of Science Fiction out there, certainly Card's best work. I haven't begun on the rest of the Ender-verse novels yet, but this one was truly a worthwhile read.

If I had to choose, I'd probably go with "Time Traveler", as it was a very "smart" book. I mean, Henry works in a library and loves to discuss books with Claire! So...there's THAT. LOL

I'd recommend The Stand or Rebecca. People say Ender's Game is a sci-fi masterpiece but I got through ninety pages before giving up.

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides would probably be a good read. I have read some good reviews about it but have not yet read it myself. It is on my list though.

Thanks for all the replies. I just finished the Time Traveler's Wife (my friend insisted - I loved it) and I am about to start on Great Expectations.

Back