• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What was that title? A book I read as a teenager in the 80's

nl3

It was about two teenage boys who goes missing in the mountains while hiking. They are pressumed dead, but the girlfriend of the missing boy, who is also the sister of the other guy will not give up after finding unexplanable things in her brother's room. With the help of her boyfriend's brother they go searching for answers. Meanwhile another story plot is opened when they introduce two brothers who some how holds the answers that they are looking for.

I've must have read the book in the 80's and I would love to reread it. Help!

still desperately seeking

I thought if I heard the title, it would ring a bell, "The Other Side of the Mountain" didn't ring any bells. I checked it out on amazon but none of it checked out.

I also remember in the end of the book, her brother turned out to be the villian and had tried to kill his sister's boyfriend while hiking in the mountains. The boyfriend survives the attack but suffers amnesia. The two guys ends up together in another state with different identities and life. The boyfriend struggles to remember his past but is unable to until his girlfriend is led to them by a friend who seen him and swears that he is the missing boyfriend. When he is reunited with her, the awful truth comes back to him. I believe the brother dies at the end while trying to kill the boyfriend for a second time when he confronts him with the truth.

It was a teen suspense thriller.

Back