• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What was your best year?

Jenem

kickbox
I ask this of a lot of people. I am always surprised by how many people don't have one.

What was the best year of your life? Why was it the best?

mine was 21 :) it remains the least stressful year of my life. i was in great shape and had money to burn (because i moved in with my dad for awhile). i reunited with my ex (who i later married) and we lived the carefree, partying existence of selfish youth. *sigh*

no favorite sticks out in your mind, ricky? many people can't choose just one- LUCKY!! :D

For a whole year I'd have to go with my junior year in college. I started dating my best friend, got my EMT and turned 21. It was a great year. However, the summer I was 17 (1997) was by far the most fun time I've ever had. I think it was the last carefree time I had. No stressfull job, tons of freedom, casual dating, just an overall awesome time.

so far, one of the best years i've had was when i lived in halifax, i was newly single, i finally felt some form of freedom, and just had a good time...i am about good times regardless, but there was something difinitive about that year for me. nothing specific stands out worth sharing, and it wasn't my best year, just a great year. one that i look back on fondly...

2008? How do you know it will be good for you, sirmyk? Anything special scheduled for that year? ;)

My best year -- Well, the four years of graduation were the best! In those four years, I enjoyed the first year a LOT! That would be 2000.

Can't pick one....even the best years have been clouded by some tragedy (usually death of a close friend/family member). As far as carefreeness, my senior year of college was the best, and had it not been overshadowed by the death of my best friend, it would stand out as the best year for me.

the year i was born was pretty good...lol.
no my year in japan was pretty fabulous, and then 2000 and 2004, favourite years for sure. michael and sam arrived.

If I pick the year I got married what does that say about the year I met my wife?

If I pick one of the years one of my kids was born what does that say about the other year and the other child?

If I pick a year I was racing motorcycles what does that say about my family?

If I pick the year I was published....?

Jenn stole my thunder.....(curse you woman)

My best year was 1963. I was born that year and had no worries, no debt, no mortgage, no bills. I had food, clothing, warmth and unconditional love. A mother and a father, and all my grandparents were still alive. I knew nothing of the human condition on this planet. It was all about me. Me Me Me!!!!!

How does one pick a "best year"?

Hmmm 2 hard just to pick one year. There have been many very wonderful moments. I think life is a mix of good and bad. At least mine is. I think I would have to pick 1998 because 2 very special people came into my life.

Wabbit said:
Hmmm 2 hard just to pick one year. There have been many very wonderful moments. I think life is a mix of good and bad. At least mine is. I think I would have to pick 1998 because 2 very special people came into my life.

we didn't meet in '98. :D

Motokid said:
How does one pick a "best year"?

well, i think you pick a best year by finding that one year (or time, i guess) in you most enjoyed your life. if you define happiness more as a family time, then it's maybe a year (years) when you brought children into this world, or the year you really appreciated the relationship you have with your parents. if you cherish your friendships above all, then maybe it's the year you met your best friend(s) and went on a trip with them or something.

we've all had years marred by tragedy- my husband and i have lost 4 close friends in the last 6 years. my best year was also a year when all our friends were still with us, and before life got harder. if we choose to have kids, maybe i have a still better year coming up- but for now, 21 is the best so far...

i'm sorry, i'm not around long enough to choose... my life (until now) was always carefree and easy, except when i choose to make it hard...
i think the best year of my life will be the year i die, don't have to worry, don't feel pain, don't miss anybody, don't feel regret, be free....

Well... 2001 was the year I turned 16 so that was obviously a fun time!! But, that might change in 2006...when I turn 21. I guess I can't really answer this question for a few more years.

Hasn't happened yet - at least none sticks out as the best. Though it may very well be this year. I'll have to see how the rest of it plays out.

Back