• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

When fiction meets non-fiction

JillyBean

I am in the midst of one of those rare occasions when the non-ficiton book I am reading echoes themes found in a recently completed novel. (Or perhaps, more accurately, the novel is the echo of the true tale.) The pair of books I am referring to are "Last Man Standing" by David Baldacci, and "Cold Zero," by Special Agent Christopher Whitcomb.

"Last Man Standing" is about Web London, "Point man of the FBI's super-elite Hostage Rescue Team..." It is the gripping story of how one man survived a high-tech ambush, and then tries to figure out why. Why did he survive when all around him his comrades fell like so many toy soldiers...

"Cold Zero" is the true story of Christopher Whitcomb, who went from speechwrite and press secretary for the Congressman of Massachusetts, to FBI Special Agent, to member of the elite Hostage Rescue Team. (I confess I am only 138 pages into the 508pg book, so I cannot comment on the entirety of the book; I can only say it's fascinating reading so far!)

As to the fiction/non-fiction connection, I enjoy finding out that a novel was based (accurately) on fact, which makes it that much better of a story.

Have any of you read a fiction/non-fiction combo such as this?

Jill

Back