• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where do you go to find out of print books?

chop_chop

Hello everyone, I am looking for two books at the moment, both of which seem to be out a print. I was just wondering where people went to try and find the books they want but are tricky to find.

Any suggestions would be great :)

Ebay would be the obvious answer. Of course the condition of the book can vary. Same with Half.Com, which is part of Ebay. I have found some pretty decent deals from Alibris.Com as well. Again, you might be dealing with books that are in bad condition, or in excellent condition and very pricey. It all depends on what you are looking for.

I am sure other members may know of other places.

What are you looking for (if I may ask)?

chop_chop said:
Hello everyone, I am looking for two books at the moment, both of which seem to be out a print. I was just wondering where people went to try and find the books they want but are tricky to find.
Any suggestions would be great :)

I usually rely on luck, but one of the best places for finding even weird titles and authors is bookfinder.com It's not a sales place itself, but it pulls titles from various sale sites (ebay, alibris, etc.)

scooter13 said:
What are you looking for (if I may ask)?

I am just starting to research my dissertation and I am looking for "Elizabeth Siddal Pre Raphaelite Artist" by Jan Marsh and "The Poems and Drawings of Elizabeth Siddal" edited by RC Lewis and MC Lasner.

I am just finding it trickier than I thought, I thought the first one at least would not prove as tricky as this as it is a quite recent book - 1991. Ah well that's how it goes sometimes I guess!

Thanks for the suggestions, I will get cracking on searching again!
:)

i found stuff on abebooks that i couldn't find on ebay, half.com, or amazon.

Alibris is okay, but I think the majority of their stuff is overpriced.

Øystein said:
Hate to be obvious, but, ah, the library! Interloan is a most beautiful thing.

That was the first place I looked - I have tried two uni libraries and three county library services with no luck! At least I have started my research early and have got plenty of time to try and find them still!

Back