• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which Novel Series Do You Currently Own?

-Carlos-

Tell us which you have read and which series you have yet to read from your collection. These are my books:

• Dark Tower series by Stephen King (read)
  • Rabbit series by John Updike (not read yet)
  • The Border Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy (not read yet)
  • A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin (currently reading)
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (not read yet)
  • The Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson (not read yet)
  • Jack Ryan series by Tom Clancy (read)

__

While trying to spread myself out amongst all the great best selling authors of today, I don't want to get locked in to taking the time to read a single author's series. After I've fed my appetite for a diverse plate of authors I will read the Odd Thomas series from Dean Koontz, attempt the Alex Cross series from James Patterson, and even though I have not read any in the Macgregor series from Nora Roberts, I think I would like to get that one too.

I have read a lot of series, but I don't have the books. When I buy a book, I read it right away. I then donate it elsewhere. I have bought so many books now that I have started to strictly go to the library and check the books out instead.
I have read Jeffery Deaver's, Lincoln Rhyme, series (well, all but the latest one). That would be my most recent series at least :)

Just bought the lord of the rings series from library sale for $1.5, which I haven't read yet. I have been listening to the Dexter series(audio), finished the third one recently.

Alex Cross series - James Patterson (in the middle)
Sean Dillon series - Jack Higgins (one to go)
Liam Devlin series - Jack Higgins (one to go)
Penn Cage series - Greg Iles (completed to date, new book due out this fall though)
Harry Bosch series - Michael Connelly (in the middle)
Linsey Milhone series - Sue Grafton (just started)
King & Maxwell series - David Baldacci (in the middle)
Stone Barrington series - Stuart Woods (in the middle)
Robert Langdon series - Dan Brown (completed to date)
Bob Lee Swagger series - Stephen Hunter (in the middle)
Earl Swagger series - Stephen Hunter (not yet started)
Kay Scarpetta series - Patricia Cornwell (stalled out)
Odd Thomas series - Dean Koontz (stalled out)
Moonlight Bay series - Dean Koontz (completed to date)
Arkady Renko series - Martin Cruz Smith (stalled out)

Harry Bosch - Michael Connelly - Reading his newest one
Alex Cross - James Patterson - in the middle or beginning somewhere
Jack Reacher - Lee Child - only read two so far
Joe Pike and Elvis Cole - Robert Crais - in the middle
Lincoln Rhymes - Jeffery Deaver - in the middle
Oliver Stone - David Baldacci - awaiting the next one
Special Agent Pendergast - Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston - read a couple

Harry Bosch - Michael Connelly - Reading his newest one
Alex Cross - James Patterson - in the middle or beginning somewhere
Jack Reacher - Lee Child - only read two so far
Joe Pike and Elvis Cole - Robert Crais - in the middle
Lincoln Rhymes - Jeffery Deaver - in the middle
Oliver Stone - David Baldacci - awaiting the next one
Special Agent Pendergast - Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston - read a couple

Which Lincoln Rhyme novel are you on now?

I have read so many mixed reviews of James Patterson's Alex Cross books. I have yet to pick one up. I like Michael Connelly. I need to catch up on those :)

Michael Connelly is very very good. I highly recommend those.

The last Lincoln Rhyme novel I read was Cold Moon but the last book from Jeffery Deaver I read was The Sleeping Doll.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will have to start reading Michael Connelly's books :)

I am reading The Burning Wire with Lincoln. I enjoy these books. I think I will start on Jeffrey Deaver's other books as soon as I have finished this one.

Deaver's earlier books are a lot better than his recent books. I will warn you that one of his books (I won't name which one) is kinda of ridiculous with all the twists and turn that it was a turn off but other than that enjoy.

Anne Rice-The Vampire Chronicles (read)
Stephen King-The Dark Tower (read)
Terry Goodkind-The Sword of Truth (read)
Jim Butcher-The Dresden Files (in the middle)
Terry Pratchett-Discworld (skipping around)
Michael Connolly-Harry Bosch (select volumes)
Jacqueline Carey-Kushiel's Legacy (read)
George RR Martin-Song of Ice and Fire (in the middle)
Seanan McGuire-October Daye Novels (in the middle)
John Maddox Roberts-SPQR (in the middle)

Deaver's earlier books are a lot better than his recent books. I will warn you that one of his books (I won't name which one) is kinda of ridiculous with all the twists and turn that it was a turn off but other than that enjoy.

Oh no, now I am very curious which one you are referring to. I will have to check out his newer books. I just had a discussion with someone who said that authors are saying the quality of their books are decreasing do to the demand that they write one novel a year instead of having more time. It makes sense with authors that have been around a lot time. I saw that with Patricia Cornwell's books also (in my opinion at least).

What are you reading now

Tai Mai shu: Am interested to hear what you think of Lincoln Child and Preston - I read the first few end enjoyed them and then they began to get so horrific that I discontinued. Can't remember the names of the books now but read the one about the huge red extra-terrestrial object which they dug out of the ground on an island and put it on a specially fitted ship - all sorts of trauma happened after that. I found that one interesting and really imagintive. Could hardly wait to go back to the bookstore to get another one. Then there was the one where the Ship's Captain was bent on destroying the vessel - she had her own agenda from the start. That story had a lot of supernatural elements to it. The authors you have listed as also ones I read. Happy reading. momac

I read The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly a while ago and loved it, but it's probably a stand alone book. I plan to read another of his books soon. When reading a series, do you guys read in order?

I read The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly a while ago and loved it, but it's probably a stand alone book. I plan to read another of his books soon. When reading a series, do you guys read in order?

Actually The Lincoln Lawyer is the first book in the Mickey Haller series. This series is much smaller to date then the Harry Bosch series. I believe both series inter-twine at some point (meaning there is a novel with both Haller and Bosch).
The Lincoln Lawyer was an okay read (haven't seen the movie yet). However, the Bosch novels that I have read so far have been very good.

I have read The Lincoln Lawyer and enjoyed it - the idea of a lawyer working out of the back of his car is unbelievable. I worked for a lawyer and there wasn't enough room for the files on his desk, my desk and all over his floor - he could probaby take lessons from the Lincoln Lawyer. Really like the Harry Bosch series. Momac

Actually The Lincoln Lawyer is the first book in the Mickey Haller series. This series is much smaller to date then the Harry Bosch series. I believe both series inter-twine at some point (meaning there is a novel with both Haller and Bosch).
The Lincoln Lawyer was an okay read (haven't seen the movie yet). However, the Bosch novels that I have read so far have been very good.

Ha! Now I remembered after reading it I made a mental note to reader second one soon. Amazon did a poor job displaying these kind of information.

The Lincoln Lawyer is the first in the Mickey Haller series. The Brass Verdict is next and it's very good then there is The Reversal which I didn't think was that good. I'm currently reading the fourth one title The Fifth Witness.

His stand alone which is probably his best book is The Poet.

Tai Mai shu: Am interested to hear what you think of Lincoln Child and Preston - I read the first few end enjoyed them and then they began to get so horrific that I discontinued. Can't remember the names of the books now but read the one about the huge red extra-terrestrial object which they dug out of the ground on an island and put it on a specially fitted ship - all sorts of trauma happened after that. I found that one interesting and really imagintive. Could hardly wait to go back to the bookstore to get another one. Then there was the one where the Ship's Captain was bent on destroying the vessel - she had her own agenda from the start. That story had a lot of supernatural elements to it. The authors you have listed as also ones I read. Happy reading. momac

Hmm. The first one sounds like Riptide but the second one doesn't ring a bell. Riptide was interesting I don't remember it much since it's been a long time since I've read that and Mount Dragon was another I read that was pretty good. The last third of the book I wasn't crazy about.

Back