• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who cares?

If you want to get really creeped out, he has two personalities and goes by two names and two screennames. I won't post them here because he deserves his privacy, even though he's made an absolute botch of remaining anonymous. Here's his myspace site, which is public domain, of course. http://www.myspace.com/prophecyacquiesce

Do I need to add that he has no "friends?" ;)

Yep, I live in the US, but my identity is secure enough that I'm not too worried about it.

Beergood, you made me laugh so hard with the post about reading habits. Just thought I should let you know that.

Going to check the latest posts on Eye of the Eye...if I feel I have anything to say worth adding, I will post.

Sorry, Val, for the wrong location. Blame it on an old man's memory. It's a good thing that writing is my thing, because I can always go back and read what I can't remember in a novel, or whatever.

I had an emotion-lifting experience this morning. I got an e-mail from Texas, asking if they could re-print a story of mine from an anthology three years ago. The professor who teaches Gothic and Horror literature at North Harris college in Houston is putting together an anthology of twenty exotic horror stories to be used as a textbook! for his course. I'm honored, to put it mildly, but then I have to wonder if he might want the story to show students what NOT to do.:D I'm going to have to go back and read it (the memory thing again, I almost deleted the e-mail unread because I didn't remember writing a story with the title in the subject line of the e-mail.

Do you think I should go and tweak M's nose with that info? After all, I'm a fraud and a liar, according to him.

Looks like that wasn't successful (rubbing it in msx's face, that is), but I wouldn't work too hard to impress someone that low on the food chain. It's not even that he's not a known writer--I'm not either, after all--it's just that he seems to think he's so special in comparison to everyone else...and the only special thing is that he's freaking people out.

A sincere congrats on your achievement, though. I'm sure if he wanted an example of what not to do, he would be using manuscript's stuff, which I actually mentioned to said bad writer before I read through this thread again. LOL. If what I've read of your story is anything to judge by, it's definitely meant to be an example of how you are supposed to write.

As for my location...I imagine many people don't know where I live, because I cite La La Land as my location. And it's true that while my physical body is usually in midwestern USA, my mind is usually frolicking in the deep, lush forests of La La Land.

I grew up near La La land, but moved away nearly 40 years ago. I'm one of the original Disney characters. I'm putting mx on ignore; I've had my fun. Have a great Christmas.

my mind is usually frolicking in the deep, lush forests of La La Land.

I remember it being made of lollipops and candy canes, is it still? I can't check back in until after the holidays with all the work it takes, you know. :D Maybe I'll see if my Happy Place will still accept me. I miss the squishy wall and playing games like Knockout the Guards.

Merry Christmas too, JB.

The Happy Place is the border between La La Land and the Real World, and I make many visits there on my way between dimensions.

FYI, anyone who'se reading this: The Happy Place is what a friend of mine and Vespertilio's calls the loony bin.

I'll take Escape the Straightjacket over Knock Out the Guards any day. ;)

Merry Christmas everyone.

Back