• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who dies?

Who will die in book 6?

• Ron

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Hermione

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Dumbledore

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Hagrid

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Another Weasley

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Draco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Professor McGonagal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neville

• New Character

• Someone else

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
h_carnahan said:
Beatrix Lastrange, the person who magically injured beyond repair both of Neville Longbottom's parents. I think that Neville kills her, although that is putting alot of faith in him.

That's an interesting thought. Neville showed a lot of improved in Harry's class in the last book. If Harry continues to teach the class, and he continues to improve, I could see the possibility for a little poetic justice.

Robert said:
That's an interesting thought. Neville showed a lot of improved in Harry's class in the last book. If Harry continues to teach the class, and he continues to improve, I could see the possibility for a little poetic justice.

I hope so because Neville deserves revenge. Didn't he attempt to fight her in the fifth novel but he was unable to defend himself against some of the comical spells that she played on him and as a result, he didn't get his revenge?

I don't remember the details. I remember his getting hurt, but nothing beyond that.

Neville wasn't ready in book five anyway. Lets see how he matures in the next book(s).

Robert said:
I don't remember the details. I remember his getting hurt, but nothing beyond that.

Neville wasn't ready in book five anyway. Lets see how he matures in the next book(s).

Did Neville hear the prophacy? and does he know that he could have been the other boy (like Dumbledore told Harry)? I can't remember.

h_carnahan said:
Did Neville hear the prophacy? and does he know that he could have been the other boy (like Dumbledore told Harry)? I can't remember.

I doubt few people other then Dumbledore actually heard the prophecy. I believe Dumbledore heard it in a pub when he was interviewing Trelawney for the job, so others may have heard some of it then. That's probably why Voldermort knows about it but didn't know the whole thing. Neville's only chance to hear it would have been in the dept of mysteries, but when the orb broke, it was too noisy for anyone to hear it.

Neville the other boy? You mean because his birthday was on the same day as Harry's? According to Dumbledore, that doesn't mean anything. The second part of the prophecy proves it was about Harry.

Robert said:
Neville the other boy? You mean because his birthday was on the same day as Harry's? According to Dumbledore, that doesn't mean anything. The second part of the prophecy proves it was about Harry.

And because he fit the rest of the criteria parents have defied Voldermort 3 times exc... I know that Harry is "the one" because Voldermort acted on him and all, but why would Neville had furfilled the criteria and been the other plausible person to be "the one" unless it was important and had some kind of perk or downside. you know?

h_carnahan said:
And because he fit the rest of the criteria parents have defied Voldermort 3 times exc... I know that Harry is "the one" because Voldermort acted on him and all, but why would Neville had furfilled the criteria and been the other plausible person to be "the one" unless it was important and had some kind of perk or downside. you know?

That's a very interesting question. I'll have to keep that in the back of my mind when I read HBP.

J.K Rowling writes everything with a purpose so there has to be something to that. I guess we just have to wait for the book to know what that something is.

I was thinking about who might die this morning and I can't help but think that Dumbledore would be who I'd kill off if my intention was to leave the reader with a cliff hanger. Can you think of anything worse that Dumbledore dead with Voldemort back in power?

Whoever dies, they will die because someone stuffs a fork up their nose. I mean, that would be the most fantastic death ever! I hate the way Sirius died, it wasn't clear, it was just confusing in a bad way. Either way, I truly don't bother to wonder about these things until I have the book in my hands.

Umbrella said:
Whoever dies, they will die because someone stuffs a fork up their nose. I mean, that would be the most fantastic death ever! I hate the way Sirius died, it wasn't clear, it was just confusing in a bad way. Either way, I truly don't bother to wonder about these things until I have the book in my hands.

That's cool except of course for the fork up the nose part. OUCH!!!!!!

We should all know before the weekend expires.

Back