• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why..

Oh yeah... I get to sleep in an hour! I can wake up at 6 am instead of 5 am!!! Too bad I'm already up. :(

Eh, I had to get up "early," as well...my cats didn't realize the clocks were set back. So much for my extra hour... :(

VTChEwbecca said:
Eh, I had to get up "early," as well...my cats didn't realize the clocks were set back. So much for my extra hour... :(
:D Now that sounds familiar

I thought it happened on a different day in England. Also, in the States it's optional, up to the states to decide. I think Indiana doesn't do it at all.

In England it happens to make life easier for those living in London and the South. In the North of England and lowland Scotland it really screws your life up. In the North of Scotland it makes life truly appalling.

How many hours of daylight do they actually get in the North of Scotland in winter? And could you measure it in hours, or would minutes be more appropriate? Come to think of it, how many winter daylight hours do they really get in the North of England?

Still not awake in LA and about to late for work,

Irene Wilde

Having spent a lot of my teenage years in the North East of Scotland I remember Winter lasting for nine months, with no sun at all and being knee deep in snow when I wasn't waist or shoulder deep. Perhaps now that I'm in my prime my memories have become somewhat exaggerated. I'll google on hours of sunlight and see what I can find.

I saw the sun briefly the other day, and I'm in Lancashire. I can't speak for Scotland, although if there's any link between price of a pint and number of hours of daylight, the Scots will have had more sunshine than here.

Freya said:
if there's any link between price of a pint and number of hours of daylight, the Scots will have had more sunshine than here.

You know that's just wrong. ;)

Back