• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Will people never learn?

Motokid said:
mehastings, all animals have to potential to bite. Bigger animals have the potential to kill. Had the Siberian Tiger in this case not been in that situation it might never have killed anyone. It's not the Tigers fault for being a Tiger. It's man's fault for expecting a Tiger to behave like a circus ride.

You are very right. I wasn't in any way trying to infer that it was the Tiger's fault. As I said, it was probably acting out of instinctual fear. However, what do you propose should be done with a tiger that kills a person? Where should it go? I didn't think it should be put down because it is a bad animal, but rather because demand for a Tiger that has killed a person isn't exactly high. It would never survive in the wild after living in captivity that long. So, what should they do with it if they don't put it down?

Robert said:
15000 rabitts, that's amazing. No natural enemies to keep the rabbits under control.
And then there's the cane toads... and the cats... and the pigs... and the camels... and even the coven hooved animals that we still breed for food and which decimate the aged soils.And let's not get started on the faunal atrocities (seastar, blackberry, thistles, boneseed... etc etc).

Kookamoor said:
And then there's the cane toads... and the cats... and the pigs... and the camels... and even the coven hooved animals that we still breed for food and which decimate the aged soils.And let's not get started on the faunal atrocities (seastar, blackberry, thistles, boneseed... etc etc).

I do remember seeing something about the cats on TV, the Discovery Channel I believe. Thanks for the info, Kookamoor.

Back