• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"Wings"

musishann

Hello, everyone,
I am looking for a book that I read when I was in elementary school, and I've been searching for it ever since. The book is titled "Wings", but I don't have a clue who wrote it. In this book, the main character is a boy who, through some strange natural twist, grows wings. And not pretty feathery wings-- big leathery wings like a bat (** the author uses almost the same wording in the book, that much I do remember!!**). The boy becomes ostracized from his family and friends, and the only person who will come near him is a girl who is also an outcast. She encourages him to use his wings, to exercise them and fly with them, while everyone else tries to get him to have surgery to have them removed. The boy eventually does have them removed, but he always feels the loss of his gift.

Does anyone know who wrote this book, or where I can find it??? I'll pay big bucks to get it, even though it's nothing really special-- It's just some old paperback book that everyone had in their libraries back in the 80s, and now I can't get it anywhere.

And I'm positive it exists, because last year I was working in an office where we had a book donation drive, and I saw THIS SAME BOOK in a donation box and decided NOT to take it, because it was for someone less fortunate. Later in the day, I decided to go and at least look at it and write down the title, author, etc., so I could get it online, and it was GONE!! What a mean, mean twist!!!!

Please help!! It would really mean a lot to me to find this book; it's just one of those books I read a lot when I was younger, and I would love to have it to reread over and over as an adult.

Thank you!!!!

The only book called 'Wings' I know of is

'Wings' ~Terry Pratchett

But think it was about 1991 :(

Back