• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Winter Gray Blahs

Prolixic

kickbox
Ell started a good thread about post Summer blues. I thought I ask the same sort of question about Winter. Even though we are still having some great weather right now, its just a nasty gray color outside. Depressing, really, no matter how many lights you turn on in the house (and irregardless how well the Dallas Stars are doing this year for that matter).

So what do you do about it at your place? How do we fight those Winter Gray Blahs?

I know what you mean. It's dark when I get up on the morning, only just getting light when I set off for work, and it's dark when I'm arriving back home :(

I'm looking forward to Christmas and seeing the folks again.

I read more! Go figure.

I've been doing alot more cleaning, I've noticed. With Christmas around the corner, I guess I have to add shopping. Once the holidays are over, I hope to be reading even more (Xmas gifts) and playing my (hopefully) new computer game.

During Winter times, I read books and sewing cross stitch in the cosy room!! I have more time with my hobbies that mean I have no time in Summertimes which I am always busy!! I like summer but hayfever affect me. I prefer Winter, that's why!!

It's been very wet and rainy the last few days - the norm for Vancouver at this time of year. I think Vancouver invented the word GRAY.

I'm usually busy getting ready for Christmas - decorating and shopping. But this year, we've been getting 3 bathrooms (main bath, ensuite & guest bath) renovated. What was I thinking!! :rolleyes:

Consequently, I've had little time to do anything else. To make matters worse, our hot water tank sprung a leak and had to be replaced, as did our kitchen sink. What's the saying - It doesn't rain, it pours? Thankfully, it's all done except for getting accessories and, of course, cleaning up the mess.

Now, it's on to shopping, planning Christmas dinner, and time to sit down with a good book in the evening - unless there's a Canucks game on TV. (Hey, Prolixic we're only 2 points back of Dallas as of today).

Yep, Dawn those computer games are a good way to kill a gray day. Especially if you really get into it. I got one of the Age of Empires games one year and played it for most of a week. Easy to do--till your eyes pop out. Then everything is gray with rainbows and sound-effects you can't get out of your head. I love it.;)

And about those Canucks, Ell, those boys can play Hockey for sure. I think the only two teams I'm really concerned about are the Coyotes and the Kings. We'll see...

Back