• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Witty thread name using the word "nevermore" -

giraffe

I was a little surprised that nobody had mentioned it.

The short version of the story is that for sixty-something years an unknown person has been leaving roses and cognac on Poe's birthday at his grave.
And this year, the guy didn't show up.

Personally I blame the economy. Who has money to spend on cognac and roses that they're not going to enjoy?

I'm kidding of course. I'm sure the guy is nice-and-dead.

I would think that whoever it was would have told someone about it, so they could keep up the tradition - like the Dread Pirate Roberts.

My alternate post on the subject goes like this:
After over 60 years of having his romantic advances ignored, Poe-stalker finally takes the hint.
The reknown "Poe toaster" appears to have moved on after over half a century of unrequited amourous gestures.
In an interview, Poe's remains said, "I possessed nothing but a deep disdain for necrophiliacs in life, and it's a feeling that carried over into the afterlife. However, more alarming were the crowds of people that gathered every year, presumably, in hopes of watching him jump my bones, to use modern parlance."

Affirmative.

When the Colts left town and the Browns moved to Baltimore, they were renamed the Ravens.

Yeah, something that bugs me is that the Browns that exist now are actually a pretty new expansion team, all the historical stats magically stayed with the team named "The Browns" even though those stats (all the franchise records and stuff) should belong to the Ravens.

Plus, the Browns kinda need the self esteem boost that breaking club records constantly would produce.

THANK YOU!

It always bothered me that the Steelers-Browns rivalry didn't follow the "real" Browns to Baltimore. Maybe it's because Baltimore is an hour longer to drive to.

At least that rivalry would be fun to watch.

What does anyone get out of a Steelers-Browns game?
The Steelers bring cognac and flowers and it could be a real good time.
But the Browns lay motionless in their grave.

Back