• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

World Atlas

abecedarian

I'm wanting a new world atlas, and wondered if you all had any suggestions. I have Hammond's The New Comparative World Atlas, 2002ed. and Rand McNally's Premier World Atlas, 2000 ed. I've started browsing Amazon, but the choices are legion, so I thought I'd ask here.

Ah, $50. Sorry, always forget our money is better than yours. :D

Seriously, though, that's the average price I'd expect to pay for a good atlas over here. How much are they usually over there?

Stewart said:
Ah, $50. Sorry, always forget our money is better than yours. :D

Seriously, though, that's the average price I'd expect to pay for a good atlas over here. How much are they usually over there?

$50? The new hardcover price was $80! But I noticed that others of similar quality were more like $100-150. Good reference works are just not cheap. That's why a well-placed garage sale is considered Divine Intervention:D
Better? I prefer to think of it as...different;)

Oh yeah, I was reading the marketplace. Saying that, I don't have an Atlas. Maybe they've went up in price. :D

Stewart said:
Oh yeah, I was reading the marketplace. Saying that, I don't have an Atlas. Maybe they've went up in price. :D

Well Gawd knows everything else has, so why not :rolleyes: They know bibliophiles are already hooked:p

abecedarian said:
I ordered this the other day, so it should be here soon. Thanks Stewart!
:D :D :D You are getting to be as good / bad as me at finding the bargains and I see that you also use some of the sites that I use. I usually check up to a half dozen sites before buying.

muggle said:
:D :D :D You are getting to be as good / bad as me at finding the bargains and I see that you also use some of the sites that I use. I usually check up to a half dozen sites before buying.

I like to call it survival..not neccessarily of the fittest:D But it does make sense to try to stretch the few dollars entrusted to us, as far as possible. In fact, now that Christmas is over, it's time to start collecting spare change for garage sale season, which will be upon us soon...

I wish you all could see this Oxford Atlas of the World I just got in the mail! It is drop-dead gorgeous. No fooling. I paid $21.69 for a book that retails for $80:eek: And it's in perfect condition. My ten year old dd was drooling over it as she opened it. Seems she and her friend are planning to travel when they're "rich and famous" and they want to plot and plan their trip now;) This is a wonderful resource. Thanks Stewart for the recommendation!!

Back