• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Worst non-fiction book

SFG75

I would say Dan Quayle's Standing Firm. Not to get political, but the book essentially read like this : "I did ___________, and people thought I was dumb, but I'm not. I also did____________, and people thought I was dumb, I'm not. I also happened to say________________, and people thought I was dumb, I truly am not dumb." Arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh, I see this book and I'm honestly tempted to use it as kindling material in the fireplace. It is sooooooooooo dreadful.

What's your choice?
cig2.bmp

I give you Dakota Epic by Bill Markley...

Mr Markley is a battle re-enactment enthusiast who took part in the film Dances With Wolves, and this mercifully slim volume recounts his experiences.
There are some people who have the knack of turning a potentially interesting subject - in this case, a behind the scenes look at the structure of making a film - into something completely and unremittingly boring ; regrettably as far as this book is concerned, Mr M is one of them.
In fairness I should add that obviously he isnt a writer and had he engaged the help of one, this may have been a better read.Sad.

Back