• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

wow...so cheap

litlover27

I was strolling around on the internet and found this cool site. They are offering 300 books on CD. It's only 15 bucks. I ordered it and I love it. I take it on business trips. anyway, if anyone is interested, infoloaders.com

just thought i would share.

I love this forum, keep up the great posts

I'd highly recommend that people rather go download or order the CD or, better yet, DVD from Project Gutenberg. I believe you'll get more content, and not have to pay for more than a spare CDR or DVDR to burn it to.

Those of you who don't know them, the Project Gutenberg people work on transcribing old novels etc that have gone into the public domain and distributing them through the internet. All the stories are available to read directly from the website as well, but I highly recommend getting the DVD-archive file, if you have access to a burner.
Doesn't seem like Infoloaders' CD has anything that isn't available through the PG, so it'd really just be a waste of money.

Project Gutenberg
Only downside with the website is that the search engine doesn't always seem to find every relevant book that actually exists in the archive. At least that was true in the past.

Incidentally, if there are any Norwegians here that want a free copy of the DVD, send me a PM and I'll send you one.
Have to admit that I don't use it overly much though, since I so vastly prefer to read a physical book over reading on the screen.

I just ordered 25 of them just for me! So I can have one for the Kitchen one for my bedroom, one for the bathroom, one for my car, etc! This is the best thing that has ever happened to me! Thank you so much for everything!

I'm fine with that CD stuff as long as it's licensed. Some people type up books and post them on the net, regardless of Copyright laws after all.

Back