• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

YA Magik Series

rvgeek

I am trying to find the series about a group of kids who meet at summer camp. This camp teaches the kids how to use the gifts that they have. One of the kids doesn't seem to have any gifts and he has his mind wiped of the time he spent in camp.

The main boy, in the first book, is living with his stepmother and her husband. His Dad died not long after he married the stepmother. The boy lives in an attic room, by his choice. I believe that he can find the openings to other worlds. His Dad has gifts, also, and the boy is visited by someone (a Raven-Person) who knew his Dad. He plays on a soccer team.

There is a girl who's Grandmother is from China, who has gifts, just as the girl does. This Grandmother is dying of Cancer.

There is a girl who, if I remember correctly, is able to teleport. She is living with her Mother, and her parents are divorced.

I don't remember what the younger boy can do, or what the other boy (who had his mind wiped) does.

This group of kids is taught magik by a group of adults who are trying to prevent another group of adults from taking over all the worlds. One of the adults is a woman in the garment industry in, I believe, Italy or France.

Does anyone have any idea what the name of this series is, or who the author is?

Ok, I know that I'm posting a reply to myself.

The author of this series is Emily Drake. The series is called The Magickers. So far, there are 4 books in the series. :D

Back