• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your last audio book?

Dress your Family in Courderoy by David Sedaris. I listened it in the car on a long road trip. I almost drove off the road laughing so hard.

CattiGuen said:
I've never dabbled in the audio book...I dont know. I have enough voices in my head...;)

Yeah I have trouble just sitting and focusing on an audiobook. Perhaps if I was a commuter or spent more time in my car.

I take one along with me when my wife and I go visit my family. It's a 10 hour drive. This last time out was "The Final Solution" by Michael Chabon. Very short. It was read by Michael York, and I think he did a great job.

The only audiobooks I've heard were Stephen King ones. I took a class called Horror Fiction: From Shelley to King, and the professor played various stories from Night Shift. We also heard excerpts from On Writing, which were narrated by King himself.

jeeves.jpg

Not my very favorite Jeeves novel, but any Jeeves is better than no Jeeves at all -- as Bertie finds out in this, one of Wodehouse's first full-length Jeeves novels.

... Lord ‘Chuffy' Chuffnell borrows the services of Jeeves in Thank You, Jeeves, while pursuing the love of his life, but when he finds out that Jeeves's employer, Bertie Wooster, was once engaged to Pauline himself, fearsome complications develop.
quote taken from amazon.com

(This is the one in which Bertie finds that life as a man with a black face (in England and in the early thirties) is not all fun and games. This is an interesting example of what your grandparents considered to be PC. It isn't horrendous, but it is interesting. Ther must have been at least some furor, because he definitely toned this type of thing down in his later books. Maybe I'll up and start a Wodehouse thread. I can't be the only one who loves this man despite the ugly rumours surrounding his politics.)

This was perhaps Wodehouse's first full-length novel about the misadventures of Wooster and Jeeves. It isn't my favorite, but (as Bertie finds out in this story) any Jeeves is better than no Jeeves at all.

jeeves.jpg

I'm listening to Fyodor Dostoevsky's(please don't kill me for spelling it wrong!) the Brothers Karamazov. I last listened to an excerpt from Palahniuk's Haunted - a short story called Exodus.

I love audiobooks. I just wish they were cheaper, coz I don't earn US dollars.

Any members here would like to narrate a book for me for free?
ds

Back