• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your Reading Style??

NorthernLights

I am curious!

How many books on average do you read in a month?
When it comes to reading do you prefer to read hardcover or soft?
If you have your own personal library is it stocked with softcover or hardcover?
Do you enjoy reading fiction by bestselling authors?

Thanks

Right now I have been in a reading frenzy. I have been reading about 2 novels per week. I prefer softcover books over hardcover books, but I read both. My own personal library is stocked with about 80% softcover books. I have a variety of authors that I like to read, and I am trying new ones all of the time. Most are bestselling authors. My favorites right now are Randy Wayne White, Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Barry Eisler, and several others. Recently, I have recently tried Michael McGarrity, and I am getting ready to try Lawrence Block for the first time (I am aware that there are several Block fans that frequent these boards).

How many books on average do you read in a month? It really depends on my husband's work schedule and how busy my life is at any given time, that said, I average, throughout a year, one or two books a week.
When it comes to reading do you prefer to read hardcover or soft?I have no preference
If you have your own personal library is it stocked with softcover or hardcover?a mix of both
Do you enjoy reading fiction by bestselling authors?yes, as well as fiction by relatively unknown authors and non-fiction

How many books on average do you read in a month? Probably about 4 books a month. It would be more, but it's hard now that I've got a baby!

When it comes to reading do you prefer to read hardcover or soft? It doesn't matter to me, but since softcover is smaller, and more portable, I'll go with that for now.

If you have your own personal library is it stocked with softcover or hardcover? I don't really have a huge library. I checkout most of the stuff I read from the library. The only books I have are the ones that I absolutely LOVE. I think they are mostly hardcover.

Do you enjoy reading fiction by bestselling authors? Sure! I'll pretty much read anything..

Thanks

NorthernLights said:
I am curious!
Or are conducting a pole?
NorthernLights said:
Between 3-6 depending on time.
NorthernLights said:
In general it's hardback for non-fiction, paperback for fiction.
NorthernLights said:
If you have your own personal library is it stocked with softcover or hardcover?
Yes I do, and it has mainly hardback Non-Fiction and paperback fiction in it.
NorthernLights said:
Most people haven't heard of the authors I read let alone read them.
NorthernLights said:
S'ok.

NorthernLights said:
I am curious!
I'm born that way so I know how you feel :p
To be honest, I haven't a clue. Probably between 5 and 10 I think. It depends very much on the month. I'm studying and do not always have time enough to spend indulging my reading urges. Sadly. Converting university reading to novel-format, though, I'm definitely putting 10 books down a month.
Soft. It's easier to take with me in my bag, and I seldom go anywhere without a book. Unless it's a very limited errand like grocery shopping - walk there, shop, walk home - no reading there. But in any situation where I'm likely to get a small break I *will* have a book with me, and if I don't I *will* be majorly unhappy and wanting to kick myself. I read hardcovers only on very few occasions: when it's a book I know I will treasure and not want to get worn, though mostly my view is that books can be replaced when they're totally worn out, and I'm so careful with my books anyway that I simply don't wear them down.
Softcover. For above reason and because softcovers take up less room - I'm a great lover of paperbacks. And since I live in a one-room flat I have to utilise what little space I have very efficiently :p
Depends entirely on the book. Sometimes a bestseller is good and enjoyable, sometimes a bestseller is utter crap. I expect I shall enjoy Oryx and Crake very much, while I do not enjoy The Woman Who Gave Birth To Rabbits which is written by the author whose other book, Slammerkin, is listed as a bestseller as far as I know. There is no tendency for me there.

How many books on average do you read in a month? Between 2-5.

When it comes to reading do you prefer to read hardcover or soft? Soft, so it's easier to carry around with me when I go out.

If you have your own personal library is it stocked with softcover or hardcover? Both, but mainly softcover; I only have hardbacks where I have either gotten them really cheap, or if it's a new release by an author that I have to get as soon as it comes out.

Do you enjoy reading fiction by bestselling authors? Yes; I read anything that catches my interest.

How many books on average do you read in a month? It really depends on how busy I am and what's going on in my life. But on average probably 4-8 a month.

When it comes to reading do you prefer to read hardcover or soft?Soft. It's just so much more comfortable to hold.

If you have your own personal library is it stocked with softcover or hardcover? All my books are softcover, with the exception of one.

Do you enjoy reading fiction by bestselling authors? I'll try anything, and I have enjoyed a lot of books from bestselling authors, such as Margaret Atwood, Yann Martel and Diana Gabaldon.

How many books on average do you read in a month? I usually can read 2-3 books a month

When it comes to reading do you prefer to read hardcover or soft? Soft

If you have your own personal library is it stocked with softcover or hardcover?Soft mainly. I have a few hardcovers. I don't keep my books:( I resell them to buy more. I don't often read a book more than once.

Do you enjoy reading fiction by bestselling authors? Yes

Depends what I have going on at school and what school commitments I have. Usually, on my good streaks, I read about 2-5 books a month...and then on bad streaks, I read 1.

I prefer soft, but I'm not too fussed.

doesnt matter

Yer I do...but it depends on the author I guess..

lani

NorthernLights said:
I am curious!

About one to three depending upon size. During summer time, the average is roughly five a month.

Soft, ya gotta fold the left side around the back of the right when you are reading.

Both, separated by hardcover and softback of course and by non-fiction/fiction.

A long time ago, I was a Clancy fan, but that was in the late 80s and early 90s. I have read mostly non-fiction "just the facts" works until I joined TBFa few months ago. Now I enjoy besteslling fiction, which is a good thing-all serious reading and no play makes sfg.........well, you know. I got curious as I saw some familiar names under the authors threads in bookstores and have always been curious as to what they were about(mostly Cussler covers and things like that) I also recently read works by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and have branched out a lot more in reading tastes.

No problem, great topic.:cool:

Unless I have super involved research projects like that bloody seminar the past few months, I can usually get through one or two books a week on average if I have something interesting to read. I finished three books last week since final exams were over. I have so many more to get through now!

My personal collection is nearly an even mixture of both hardback and soft. Perhaps slightly more soft, especially with my growing manga collection. I never really thought about which kind I preferred to read... but I guess I will go with soft.

Sometimes best-selling authors catch my fancy. I went through phases for Stephen King and Clive Barker. Typically things on the best selling list do not interest me though except in rare cases like the Left Behind series because I had a thirst for Apocalypse type readings. I prefer classics or lesser exposed titles, I guess you would say.

I'll read anything between 2 and 6 books a month, depending on time. I'd prefer soft cover for comfort, but if it's a collection of books, or an other I like, then hardback is somehow better. I like all kinds of books really. I'll give anything a go that is recommended, and when there's an author I'm fond of, I'll stick with him/her for a while.

How many books on average do you read in a month? Between 3-6, but it varies according to schedule, length of books, etc.

When it comes to reading do you prefer to read hardcover or soft? Probably soft -- easier to carry around.

If you have your own personal library is it stocked with softcover or hardcover? Mainly softcover -- they take up less space and cost less, meaning I can then get more of them. :)

Do you enjoy reading fiction by bestselling authors? Thanks to my backlog, I can't keep up with the latest bestsellers, but if a friend recommends something I might make time to check it out.

How many books on average do you read in a month? on a good month 5-6. when i'm not in the mood 1
When it comes to reading do you prefer to read hardcover or soft? whichever will do
If you have your own personal library is it stocked with softcover or hardcover? both
Do you enjoy reading fiction by bestselling authors? i read but i don't enjoy all of them

Back