• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your stake in the ground?

bartleby

I'm interested to hear how you wonderful book-lovers and -livers place your stake in the ground when you're forced to retreat into the real world?
How do you mark your place in a book?
Now, as I'm completely intolerant of dog-ears :mad:. I generally use a home-made book mark - usually constructed from clothing tags. And they're always carefully cut down to 2" x 1" maximum size. Anything larger suffocates the text on the page!!

Looking forward. Bart.

Whatever I happen to have nearby. Madame Bovary is marked by a flyer from my friend's clothing shop and Post Captain is marked by a napkin. Yes, a napkin. When I was reading Collapse, it was marked by a sheet of paper given to me by my physical therapist that had stretches on it.

AAaarrrrrggghhhhh! ink-heart, do these sticky notes not deface the page?
:eek: No way! I am actually rather a stickler about my books and their look. Maybe sticky note is the wrong word? They are pretty small post-it stripes, one half (sticking to the page) transparent, the other half in different colours. Very handy for muddle-heads like me. :D

I'm a big fan of sticky-notes, a great way to jot down a few notes and leave it on the page.

Oh yeah, just for you anti-dog ear zealots.

abrandautopsy.typepad.com_photos_examination_room_free_prize_dog_ears.JPG

Mwahahahahahahahahaha!:D:D:D:D:D

You're killing me SFG75 - more dog-ears than Cruella DeVille's purse!!

Is this what we can expect from a Segway enthusiast???

Looking forward. Bart.

:eek: No way! I am actually rather a stickler about my books and their look. Maybe sticky note is the wrong word? They are pretty small post-it stripes, one half (sticking to the page) transparent, the other half in different colours. Very handy for muddle-heads like me. :D
I like it ink-heart. I think I might get me some of them there stickies.
Looking forward. Bart.

Originally posted by sparkchaser:
Whatever I happen to have nearby. Madame Bovary is marked by a flyer from my friend's clothing shop and Post Captain is marked by a napkin. Yes, a napkin. When I was reading Collapse, it was marked by a sheet of paper given to me by my physical therapist that had stretches on it.

I wonder sparkchaser whether there isn't some sub-conscious linkage going on here? Physical stretches and Collapse? And didn't Sophie Wiliams always insist Jack Aubrey use a napkin? And, of course, Emma Bovary bought expensive clothing from the merchant Lheureux?
Twilight stuff?? Bart.

I usually have bookmarks that have those tassles hanging from the top. Usually the bookmarks themselves have geeky fandom pictures on them, like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or even something like cute kittens on them.

I'm the same way--whatever I have lying around. At the moment, one of the books I'm reading has the receipt as a bookmark while the other has a bookmark about dog bites that I got from my vet.

I usually have bookmarks that have those tassles hanging from the top. Usually the bookmarks themselves have geeky fandom pictures on them, like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or even something like cute kittens on them.

I prefer these too. They are coming out with some really nice ones. i just bought my daughter one , it's gold colored metal with a keyhole and the key is hanging off a very thin chain.(call me crazy).

I"m partial to note cards and post-it-notes..but in pinch will grab whatever piece of paper is handy-those annoying subscription cards from magazines are perfect. Back in the day, chewing gum wrappers were my preferred choice.

I"m partial to note cards and post-it-notes..but in pinch will grab whatever piece of paper is handy-those annoying subscription cards from magazines are perfect. Back in the day, chewing gum wrappers were my preferred choice.
Come on abecedarian, how many times, back in the day, did some discarded gum end up deposited between two innocent and unknowing pages. How could you!

Back