• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You've got to be kidding me (Stephen King's Duma Key)

SevenWritez

One thing I look forward to when awaiting the the announcement of a new book from an author whose writing I enjoy is the revealing of said book's new cover.

Cell was kind of lame. Lisey's Story put me off a bit (and then pissed me off when I saw the beautiful cover art for it's paper back twin), but this?. Come on, what is the paperback going to be then, a work of art?

Also, ironically enough this book comes out on my birthday and since there's nothing I ever really want (save for money, but that's not always fun to tell your friends), I will be getting it.

For anyone else, though...yeah, what do you think of the cryptic cover? I wanted to hit something when I saw it, but anyhow, here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Dumakey.PNG

Hey, didn't anyone ever tell you not to judge a book by its cover? lol
I remember I got Lissey's Story in hardcover from the library and on the inside you peeled something back and there was that beautiful artwork that you are talking about that was on the paperback cover. I think if you removed the plastic cover on the hardback it was there? Don't quite remember but it's there. It's the world Lissey's husband used to visit.

I like the cover for Duma Key!

The backflap of Lisey's Story was a mesh of dark reds, and swashes of gloomy purples. The paperback was a quiet path of snow and the symbolic shovel on the front.

And I don't judge a book by it's cover, but usually I prefer the cover not to look like crap :\

I liked Blaze's cover, though.

Just great...another book to add to my list.:rolleyes:

Oh, and Seven, please quite PM'ing me five times a day telling me how great of writer King is and how is so under appreciated in the literary world. I get it already, sheeez.:rolleyes:

Just read about the book. It seems he's confirming that his well of ideas has well and truly run out. From what he's saying, it's just Word Processor Of The Gods with paint instead of a keyboard. No doubt puffed up by several hundred pages that could easily be excised.

Oh, and Seven, please quite PM'ing me five times a day telling me how great of writer King is and how is so under appreciated in the literary world. I get it already, sheeez.:rolleyes:

You told me you enjoyed the company. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Stewart, I agree with both assessments. It's a shame that he had to turn into such a garrulous writer, but I'm sure there will be some enjoyable scenes to read. As for his ideas, a lot of his stories to me have always seemed just distant cousins of one another, and that's only in plot. A lot of characters feel exactly the same, just with different names. A big one (at least to me) is Eddie Dean from The Dark Tower compared with Larry Underwood from The Stand. I just couldn't help but find them to be the same exact personality.

I SWEAR when I checked out Lisey's Story from the library, they had the plastic cover taped on or something probably so that it would stay there but a little was coming untaped and when I removed it it showed that whole world of Lisey's husband's, it was really cool looking! Maybe it was a special edition??

Back