• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Zadie Smith

Enya

I've recently discovered a very talented young writer, Zadie Smith.I read White Teeth and On Beauty, these books are amazing.Her humour and the way she creates lively characters and scenes make you enjoy every sentence of her books.Last week I bought The Autograph Manand I can't wait to read it.:)
If anyone has read her books, I'd be glad to share my enthusiasm.

I thought White Teeth was brilliant, but I must say I was disappointed by both The Autograph Man and On Beauty; both of those felt a bit like she wanted to write a novel but couldn't quite figure out what she wanted to say - well-written, but unfocused. But she's definitely got a lot of talent and I look forward to reading more of her stuff.

I read On Beauty, White Teeth and the Autograph Man, I liked On Beauty best of three but didn't care for her style at all. I can see what Beer good is saying, I liked her characters and there were great parts in all the books, for me they just didn't fall together well or something, they did tend to ramble a bit and I just didn't like them very much.

White teeth was good,(been stuck i read it twice)but i find her writing a bit to coooolll...like she is easy with it,and very gifted so she sort of play with the story.I don't know about the others(i shall read On beauty)but this one reminded me of Tom Sharpe(more moderne)or David Lodge in the building of situations.

White Teeth has been on my TBR list for ages now. I have it stored away somewhere, but have yet to get around to it. :rolleyes:

I enjoyed White Teeth thoroughly. I didn't read it analytically, but just let it roll over me.

On Beauty I thought was trying to do something, in other words, not just a "happening." Yet, I could not figure out what the something was and that distracted me from enjoying the book.

Back