• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Zingi

Zingi

Hello there, I'm a new member from South Africa. I've been writing for some time and I'm a member of two local writing circles.:flowers:

Hi, I did the math you suggested and you're right. But its depressing to be 111, so I think I'll stick to my own age which is old enough for me. Nice to hear from you though, Zingi

Thanks for the information on Kindle self publishing. It gives me some hope of becoming a published author. In South Africa in particular, its difficult to get published as I don't write the kind of books on SA culture that they've been looking for over the past 10 years or so. I think the trend is turning though, as the white English speaking public are the readers in this country, and they have become fed up with the the type of book on offer locally. The overseas authors that write normal fiction are the only ones being read in the local book clubs at present, so perhaps publishers here will realize this and begin to publish our books again.
I will certainly try the Kindle option as I have 8 novels and upwards 60 short stories and 3 novellas up and ready to go. I'll begin with say 3-5 short stories first, while I'm getting one of the novels ready for a Kindle application.
We have the 9" Kindle already, but I have ordered the 6" one for myself, as my husband had claimed the large one as his own. It should arrive within days and I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Back