• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

ARGH! Library snafu

Alix

I was returning books to the library yesterday and wasn't paying enough attention. I got home and picked up the pile of books that I DIDN'T return only to discover that I'd returned the book I was still reading and kept one that I'd finished! Since I'd been on hold for some time to get the stupid thing heaven only knows when I'll be seeing it to finish it. I suspect I'll get impatient and buy it for my Kindle. Dang that's irritating!

I was returning books to the library yesterday and wasn't paying enough attention. I got home and picked up the pile of books that I DIDN'T return only to discover that I'd returned the book I was still reading and kept one that I'd finished! Since I'd been on hold for some time to get the stupid thing heaven only knows when I'll be seeing it to finish it. I suspect I'll get impatient and buy it for my Kindle. Dang that's irritating!

I'd laugh if this hadn't happened to me. Frequently. Verra frustrating. That's one more reason why I love my small town library; I can call them and they'll hold it for me. Again. Chances are the book would still be right there waiting for the next time they mail books back anyway.

nelson-haha.gif

My library is usually pretty good with that stuff too. Unfortunately, our library is being renovated and they moved to a temporary location for the duration. All my regular librarians seem to be MIA and they have some snotty newbie in there. Phooey.

That could be a problem as my other library goof up is to drop books that are NOT library books through the chute. I've been known to take the kids school library books back there, or accidentally drop my own personal books in there. I've taken to having a specific library bag (bright yellow and truly ugly) in order to minimize these episodes, but I still manage to do it now and then.

The worst is when you're in the middle of a book you're enjoying though. BAH!

My library is usually pretty good with that stuff too. Unfortunately, our library is being renovated and they moved to a temporary location for the duration. All my regular librarians seem to be MIA and they have some snotty newbie in there. Phooey.

That could be a problem as my other library goof up is to drop books that are NOT library books through the chute. I've been known to take the kids school library books back there, or accidentally drop my own personal books in there. I've taken to having a specific library bag (bright yellow and truly ugly) in order to minimize these episodes, but I still manage to do it now and then.

The worst is when you're in the middle of a book you're enjoying though. BAH!

Are you sure you're not my long lost cousin or something?!? I live near a big city and have to fight the temptation to use their library in addition to my local one. If I do, I have to deal with chasing down interlibrary loan books I've mistakenly taken to Wichita. They used to be awful about not returning them to their proper library homes...that's gotten better in the last three years, but if too much time lapses, those books get sent to the central branch downtown to be sent home 'someday'. A real pain in the tushy as you can imagine. At least the librarians in the smaller branches are good about chasing me down and returning books I accidently turned in from my local library. But if I use the drop-box...oh boy!

Heh heh heh! You're making me feel so much better! Its nice to know there are others out there who do the same stuff I do!

Drop boxes are both a blessing and a curse. I am the worst procrastinator on the planet and know that I have til 955am to drop off a late library book and not get hit with a fine. That means that I am usually racing to the drop box in my jammies with scary hair.

Back