• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bookcovers

0747560595.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I was going to post that cover of Middlessex AquaBlue.

Another Lolita cover:

aimages.amazon.com_images_P_0679723161.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
That's the copy I own. I love those lips. Angelina Jolie has nothing on those!

aimages.amazon.com_images_P_0141182601.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sharpen you up for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

aimages.amazon.com_images_P_0679734503.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
And the rest of the Vintage trade paperback printings of the Dostoevsky books are very nice as well.

Oh yeah I love both the covers of Haunted too. Way better than the trade ones I've see.

Yikes! The A Clockwork Orange cover is awesome too...nice that only people who've read the book would understand the milk.;)

Luna said:
borgia-bride.jpg

Artemisia.jpg

afreshfiction.com_images_books_0345437969.jpg

I believe I tend to be attracted by covers in which women are dressed in gorgeous dresses. Thankfully so far the books have been as good as the covers promise.

i agree with you about the covers with gorgeous dresses. however, i haven't read many of the books i've put on my list because of that reason. But the ones i've read ARE pretty good.

Ms. said:
"Search Inside"? Now that's just wrong. :p

I really like the UK cover of Bret Easton Ellis' "Lunar Park".
aimages.amazon.com_images_P_0330439537.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65778434_.jpg
The letters are cut out of the dustjacket, and through them you can glimpse a distorted picture of Bret Easton Ellis... which, of course, is also what the book is about.

This is a great idea! I didn't think I was one to judge a book by its cover, but some of these are on my TBR list now!

These are my favourite covers from some of my favourite books:

This is for "IT" by Stephen King, and is from the Polish version. For some reason, I find it very scary!
it_poland.jpg

and for "Bag of Bones", this time from France:
bob_fr_France-Loisirs.jpg

for "The Library Policeman", Slovenia
library-slov.gif

and for "The Stand", US. This one makes me laugh.
stand_us.gif

damnit!! Americans do get the crappier covers. grr....I think there was a thread about this somewhere... All the European covers posted here are waaaaaay better than the ones I get to see in the bookstores...argg..:mad:

If a book has a good cover it often tips the scale in it's favour.

I can't think of a specific example, but for me it's usually a minimalistic design that manages to grab your attention somehow.

But I usually go by recommendations too, or at least read the synopsis.. :)

The new Penguin Deluxe Classic edition of Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow with cover by Frank Miller:

aec1.images_amazon.com_images_P_0143039946.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V61160064_.jpg

I love the Harry Potter book covers. Especially this one

0747551006.gif

It's so much better than the portuguese one

ordem_fenix.jpg

Back