• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Changing avatars

Motokid said:
I don't see anything wrong with changing avatars....we are people...well, most of us...we change...clothes, hair styles, hair colors, image, appearance, attitudes....it's natural to change...
I am not saying there is anything wrong with changing one's avatar. All I am saying is it confuses _me_.

I agree avatars can be changed just like one changes clothes. But since this business is online and I don't know any of you personally, the basic thing that I associate with each person is his/her avatar. Yes, I can look at the username to see who has posted what, but you agree that looking at a 64x64 pixels is different, right? I mean, a picture is supposed to be better than thousand words! Right?

Otherwise how would I know that I should ignore all posts with Simpson's as the avatar? ;)

sanyuja said:
Otherwise how would I know that I should ignore all posts with Simpson's as the avatar? ;)

guess it's time for an avatar change.... :p

wouldn't want you to miss all the wonderful and insightful things I have to say....

Ice said:
I still tend to think of Martin as the yellow HM man :)
hmmm.gif

Cheers

Has anyone evr designed an avatar where you could just change it's outfit, hairstyle, like a paper doll? That way people could keep their online persona and change it up a bit when they got bored.

Or we could just change colors like DS's banana.

That would be kinda cool... but if my penguin came along wearing a purple tuxedo, I think it'd be pretty odd.

Ooo! That'd be nice!! Anyone got Photoshop, time and a desire for Kookamoor pleasure*?

* Pleasure to be given only in the virtual sense through big smiley faces and *hugs*. No cherries will be involved in the pleasure giving process.

sorry, i'm not much of a help here either... I'm still trying to find this one damn picture on my computer... :eek:

Occlith said:
Well Kookamoor, how about the penguin in a purple lei and flip flops?
penguin6fu.jpg
SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :D :D :D

That's awesome, Occlith!! I'll be coming to you for all my seasonal wardrobe needs from now on!! Wee! The purple lei'ed and flip flopped penguin is on the prowl...

Kookamoor said:
SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :D :D :D

That's awesome, Occlith!! I'll be coming to you for all my seasonal wardrobe needs from now on!! Wee! The purple lei'ed and flip flopped penguin is on the prowl...

kook... that's the one!!! Thanks Occlith, she got it... :D

Back