• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Contest - NCAA Tournament "Pickems"

March Madness and the Big Dance. It is the most exciting sport in the U.S. at this time of year. Actually, we (TBF Pickems) as a group, are doing pretty good so far with the picks. There are still 8 spots to be filled to complete the Sweet Sixteen. Of the 8 spots that have been filled 3 or 4 of you have selected 5 of the teams and one of us have selected 6 of the teams. Once all Sixteen have been filled i will post our points to date.

On a side note, it was an "ugly" game last night as we beat St. Joes in the WNIT. We will play Miami (at UVA) in the second round. I will get tickets for it also. Our foul shooting was atrocious or we could have broken the game open. the 16 day layoff hurt us (UVA).

Men's - lost 10 of my 16, 6 left :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:
But got 2 points so far though :D

Women's - lost 7 of my 16 picks :eek: :D

Oh well, for both I still have my National Champion picks lol

All of my final four teams are still alive, I'm doing pretty good for the pool at work.

steffee picked Bradley and they have upset 2 teams, including Pittsburgh, to get to the Sweet Sixteen. :) of course Pittsburgh plays in a conference that isn't very strong. :D

muggle said:
steffee picked Bradley and they have upset 2 teams, including Pittsburgh, to get to the Sweet Sixteen. :) of course Pittsburgh plays in a conference that isn't very strong. :D

haha....you wish

OMG, George Mason just upset North Carolina. Talk about a big upset. I picked North Carolina for the Championship game, along with a few others. :)

These are the teams that made it to the Sweet Sixteen.

Duke
LSU
West VA
Texas
Memphis
Bradley
Gonzaga
UCLA
U-Conn
Washington
George Mason
Wichita State
Villanova
Boston College
Florida
Georgetown

Check your scores. This is how I have everyone scored to this point:

steffe................5 points
sofia.................8 points
sfg75................9 points
mehastings........9 points
curiouswonder...11 points
muggle.............12 points

steffee said:
Yay yay I got 5 points.

Oh, but I'm last. :rolleyes:

Oh well, congrats everyone :D
Oh but, it isn't over yet. The teams that now make it to the Final 8 each get 2 points each, which will be added to the current point total for each of us. And then 3 points for the teams that make it to the final four, and 4 points for each team that makes it to the Championship game and then 5 points for the Tournament Winner. So, anything can happen yet.:D

That's the men's though isn't it? So I've got 5/16 as opposed to 5/32.

5/16 is about what you would get from guessing, which is what I did, so I can't be disappointed lol

I think that is just the men steffee....the women haven't gotten thru the second round yet....

muggle said:
Also, curiouswonder will not be hurt to bad by the loss of Oklahoma. The other picks will keep him in the game.
The pain of that loss goes much deeper than the game here. On the other hand, the women's team...

curiouswonder said:
The pain of that loss goes much deeper than the game here. On the other hand, the women's team...
Your Oklahoma Women's team have made it to the Sweet Sixteen and they now face a tough opponent in Stanford. Tara VanDerveer is a pretty good coach for Stanford and her teams are usually tough to beat. I wish you luck with Oklahoma, at least until they play Duke.:)

What happened to sofia. She stopped talking basketball. Wonder if some of her teams lost. :(

These are the Women's teams that made it to the Sweet Sixteen:

Purdue
Rutgers
Tenn
BC
Utah
Baylor
Maryland
Duke
Mich. St
Georgia
U-Conn
LSU
DePaul
Stanford
Oklahoma

Check your scores. This is how I have everyone scored in the NCAA Women's Tournament so far:

Sofia..................13 points (that is an astounding score)
Curiouswonder.....11 points (tied with mehastings)
mehastings..........11 points (tied with curiouswonder)
muggle not..........10 points ( go ahead sofia and gloat:))
steffee................3 (our friend who threw darts for her picks:))

Hee hee hee I am so proud. :D

3+5 is 8, which is exacty random guessing. I take it I don't have any psychic powers then lol

Very well done Sofia, and everyone :D :D

Back