• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you dream about books?

Mari

A lot of my dreams start by whatever adventure I'm going to get into interrupting my reading. I also handle books a lot in my dreams; they are a standard prop. And last night I dreamed I found a rare set in my collection (30 volumes that I hadn't noticed before), and spent the rest of the dream trying to decide if I should keep it or sell it. The dilemma was not resolved.

Anyway, do you dream about books?

I havent noticed that books appear in my dreams, but I have noticed that some times a character from a book can appear. Its like the characters can expand and I somehow understand many other levels when I wake up.

Flower

I dream about the book I'm reading all the time, especially since I often read right before I go to bed. Usually I'm one of the characters, and trying to solve some kind of problem or other.

I had a dream last night where someone picked up Tears of the Giraffe (a book my mom left here a while back) off of the coffee table. It's been sitting around the house for a week or two, so I guess it's been in my mind.

Can't say that I do. The only one that is remotely relevant here was one about a home invasion. I was throwing heavy furniture down the stairs at an attacker and the wife was pitching the books. I have enough in our upstairs room that we would be able to maintain our "defenses" for about a couple of days. :D

I don’t recall ever having a book in a dream, nor do I remember having a dream influenced by what I was reading.

My dreams frequently feature scenarios from video games and wrestling plot lines (likely because these are things I watch right before I go to sleep), but I cannot think of my books featuring in my dreams. One night I woke up and can distinctly recall searching around me in the bedclothes for my chainmail... my partner thought I was insane. That opinion didn't improve much when I told him about my dream that I swing into the scene of my dream on a zip wire like Shawn Michaels... I dream *very* vividly!

I think I just realised how oh-so-very sad I truly am!

KristoCat said:
I dream about the book I'm reading all the time, especially since I often read right before I go to bed. Usually I'm one of the characters, and trying to solve some kind of problem or other.
I do the same thing. Usually in my dreams I tend to take off from the last bit of the story I read and of course I am one of the characters. ;)

Kookamoor said:
My dreams frequently feature scenarios from video games and wrestling plot lines (likely because these are things I watch right before I go to sleep), but I cannot think of my books featuring in my dreams. One night I woke up and can distinctly recall searching around me in the bedclothes for my chainmail... my partner thought I was insane. That opinion didn't improve much when I told him about my dream that I swing into the scene of my dream on a zip wire like Shawn Michaels... I dream *very* vividly!

kook!!! this whole post made me go. "things that make you hmmm?" wrestling plot lines? chainmail? :confused: :eek: :D

I remember a recent dream about books. I was at the library and desperately wanted to check out a book that was behind the desk, not available for check-out and the librarian would only let me look at it while she held it and turned the pages. I couldn't even touch it. I was in agony!!!!

I often dream that I am in libraries. One time I dreamt that I read in a dictionary, and it said that 'glue' ment "garbage from heaven". It's true.
Perhaps it is?

One time I dreamt that I tortured and killed several human beings. That was fun.

jenngorham said:
kook!!! this whole post made me go. "things that make you hmmm?" wrestling plot lines? chainmail? :confused: :eek: :D
Yes... that post may be editted in the near future when I realise that I was far too tired to be making rational decisions at the time I divulged that information.

Last night I had a dream that was about books: I had in my possession the very last two books IN THE WORLD EVER. My task was to look after these books no matter what. There were lots of weird chases, and in each case I had to save the books from Russian soldiers, who wanted to burn them.

I once went around to the librarian of the company and asked her why she hadn't forwarded the books I had ordered directly to me, instead of putting them out on the shelves. She told me the books hadn't arrived yet and asked was I sure I had seen them on the shelves. Maybe there had been a mistake. So we walked around for me to point them out, but there were none to be seen. Not a one.
So I concluded, despite everything my vivid memory was telling me otherwise, that I must have had the most realistic dream that I have ever had of seeing those books .
But when I told her that, you should have seen the strange look I got!
I couldn't get over it for days after. :eek:
Peder

Peder said:
I once went around to the librarian of the company and asked her why she hadn't forwarded the books I had ordered directly to me, instead of putting them out on the shelves. She told me the books hadn't arrived yet and asked was I sure I had seen them on the shelves. Maybe there had been a mistake. So we walked around for me to point them out, but there were none to be seen. Not a one.
So I concluded, despite everything my vivid memory was telling me otherwise, that I must have had the most realistic dream that I have ever had of seeing those books .
But when I told her that, you should have seen the strange look I got!
I couldn't get over it for days after. :eek:
Peder
s
The strange look had more to do with that weird request for the book about that horns-out-of-his-head H.H. and that angelic Lo.:p ;) :D

I once THOUGHT I'd dreamed a conversation with our librarian about a book she'd ordered for me. See, I'd just had a baby that morning(our first homebirth) and I was taking a well deserved nap while dh fed the midwives breakfast. The phone rang and I picked it up without thinking and listened to Shana tell me something about a book being in and I told her we'd get it soon, and said goodbye and hung up. She was a personal friend and I didn't even tell her my news! I was so groggy, all I could think of was going to sleep..I didn't find out for a week that she really HAD called and it wasn't a dream.

My older thread

You could go to my older thread, Library dreams and see other people's dreams about books and my library dreams, of course, tell me what you think.:rolleyes:

Back