• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you ever click on Google ads?

Carlos

Google must be the biggest advertising company in the world for the shear number of ads that are displayed.

Do they actually work? I have used Google ads and they do generate traffic and sales as well.

Personally I have never bought anything from a site which I visited via a Google ad, however I do click on the ads, more to see where they take me. Occassionally I will click on ads when searching for a product, sometimes from the Google search page, but also from random websites.

What are you Google habits?

I've only clicked on them by accident so far. I don't make a habit of it. Although, when you see those games on certain websites like, "Punch George W. Bush and win a free laptop" I sometimes play and exit out when the popup guaranteeing the laptop comes up.

I never do, and I never will. Actually, I completely ignore them. They just don't register as part of the screen I'm currently viewing.

Too bad for Google.

Very hard to get people to click

Your behaviour seems to reflect the way most people think.

I've been trying to use Google Ads to get people to come to this site I built (social news and bookmarking about books/reading). With Google you can advertise on specific sites or on search terms. I experimented with different keywords and different ads. All in all, I got about a 0.1% - 0.7% click rate for keywords, and a 0.05% click rate for site-ads.

A bit disappointing, though of course it may just be my site:rolleyes:

I click on them by accident, and then let outa stream of curse words. That's all that google has ever done for me.:D

Your behaviour seems to reflect the way most people think.

I've been trying to use Google Ads to get people to come to this site I built (social news and bookmarking about books/reading). With Google you can advertise on specific sites or on search terms. I experimented with different keywords and different ads. All in all, I got about a 0.1% - 0.7% click rate for keywords, and a 0.05% click rate for site-ads.

A bit disappointing, though of course it may just be my site:rolleyes:
hansdekker, that sounds interesting. Any links to your site?

ds

Link

Of course. We're still very much in the early stages, though your very welcome to join. It's called Wordsy.com.

Of you have any comments on the site, make sure to let me know.

Hans

BTW I should have known those Google Ads are hard to get going, I hardly ever click on them myself. But Google is making so much money, you figure: they must be doing something right...

I've done it before out of curiosity, but I've never bought anything because of them.

They're annoying, though, and thankfully my web browser blocks most of them so they don't even show up.

The Google Ads on here generate a little bit of income to help support the site and pay for the hosting. We get a few cents for every click.

I sometimes click on them on other sites if the link looks interesting.

The Google Ads on here generate a little bit of income to help support the site and pay for the hosting. We get a few cents for every click.

That's a good enough reason to click on an interesting one every now and then. My eye is trained not to see them, but this site deserves any revenue it gets from Google.

Of course. We're still very much in the early stages, though your very welcome to join. It's called Wordsy.com.

Of you have any comments on the site, make sure to let me know.

Hans
I had a quick look at your site. My first impression is what is it about? Nothing jumped out at me or grabbed my attention to make me stay or browse. Have a look at your site stats and see what pages people land on and what key words they use to find your site. If they are looking for something other than what is on your site then the google adds on your site will not attract their attention. You should be able to get a CTR of about 2-5% without to much effort. Have a read through the info that google puts out free of charge to help you. The more clicks you generate the more money google and you make.

mess around with placement, colour, size and see what happens. Give each change a full 7 days so that you capture your complete weekly browsing audience.

Designing a good website is 10% of the work. Content and SEO are the remaining 90%. SEO to get people to your site, content to make them stay and return.

Good luck

Back