• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

feeling aimless

Gizmo - I neglected to mention that there's another forum you may be interested in called Cafe Leonardo, from the Davinci society. They're a very "mensa" bunch of folk. Very funny and witty. I enjoy it. ;)

Billy O, you sound more like a student than an elderly man. Are you trying to recapture your youth?

Freya said:
Billy O, you sound more like a student than an elderly man. Are you trying to recapture your youth?

That "elderly gentleman" stuff is just a clever ruse. And the only animal spotted at Mr. O's was an American tourist asleep on the floor. Shed blonde hairs like a cat, but it was mostly harmless.

Irene Wilde

Gizmo said:
Do you sometimes find dead animals in your bed?

I once ate six cartons of black cherry yoghurt for supper and left the empty cartons at the side of my bed. When I woke up in the morning there was a tiny field mouse curled up in one of the cartons. Quite dead.
This is a true story!

Irene Wilde said:
That "elderly gentleman" stuff is just a clever ruse. And the only animal spotted at Mr. O's was an American tourist asleep on the floor. Shed blonde hairs like a cat, but it was mostly harmless.

Irene Wilde

Crikey. :eek:

Irene Wilde said:
That "elderly gentleman" stuff is just a clever ruse. Irene Wilde

No it's not. I'm closer to 70 than I am to 17. And I'm bald and I need a walking stick. And I'm nearly blind. And I'm very forgetful.And I'm bald. And I'm very forgetful

Billy Oblivion said:
No it's not. I'm closer to 70 than I am to 17. And I'm bald and I need a walking stick. And I'm nearly blind. And I'm very forgetful.And I'm bald. And I'm very forgetful
:D :D :D
Billy, didya PEE this morning, laddy? Check the ol' throttle!
:p
(Is it still there?????)

Billy Oblivion said:

But if you are elderly that means I'm......NO! You are wrong! :eek:

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! :eek:

Must we be closer to 70? Can't we be closer to 50? 60 tops?

And who wants to be 17? It was vastly over-rated. But 70???

Irene Wilde

70....like I wasn't depressed enough this morning! :(

Nowt wrong with 70 Irene. My old Gran's 74 and she's having a whale of a time ;) I informed her that I was considering growing up, now I'm nearly at the grand age of 22, and she informed me she's yet to grow up. Bless. And then we had a nice chat about that funny band called.. eee what were they called now... 'Soggy Biscuit'? :D

Irene Wilde said:
But if you are elderly that means I'm......NO! You are wrong! :eek:

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! :eek:

Must we be closer to 70? Can't we be closer to 50? 60 tops?

And who wants to be 17? It was vastly over-rated. But 70???

Irene Wilde

70....like I wasn't depressed enough this morning! :(

Rubbish. You're a delightful and beautiful young girl. You know for a fact that I'm years older than you. And you're much nearer 17 than I am.

I only come on this message board to chat to the young ladies and pass time between soggy biscuits.

Billy Oblivion said:
Rubbish. You're a delightful and beautiful young girl. You know for a fact that I'm years older than you. And you're much nearer 17 than I am.

Nice attempted save, but I know exactly how much older you are than me, and it ain't much, my friend.

Off to order my motorized wheel-chair now.

Irene Wilde

Billy Oblivion said:
I only come on this message board to chat to the young ladies and pass time between soggy biscuits.

Not good when they disintegrate in your brew though, and you get lumps at the bottom. Ewww.

And my Gran has a boyfriend. Quite the scandal. She's not admitted to it, but he takes her for drives and day trips and all sorts.

Irene Wilde said:
Off to order my motorized wheel-chair now.

When I was 27 I was told that I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40. It was a doctor that told me. Obviously. It wasn't my mam or a friend in in the pub. Anyway, I always thought it would be really cool to have a motorised wheelchair based on a Dalek design. But here I am pushing 70 and I still don't need one.

Freya said:
And my Gran has a boyfriend. Quite the scandal. She's not admitted to it, but he takes her for drives and day trips and all sorts.

My stepfather who is in his mid 70s has an admirer who stalks him in his local pub. Everyone is highly amused except him. He's terrified.

Billy Oblivion said:
When I was 27 I was told that I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40. It was a doctor that told me. Obviously. It wasn't my mam or a friend in in the pub. Anyway, I always thought it would be really cool to have a motorised wheelchair based on a Dalek design. But here I am pushing 70 and I still don't need one.

A Dalek design! :)

But to be serious, should you ever decide to purchase one, you will tell us here in advance? The populace of London should receive fair warning before you start taking to the streets in something motorized again!

Irene Wilde

Back