• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello all...

scburch

kickbox
I just discovered this site last week and I have been enjoying poking around in threads and getting new perspectives and reading ideas. I'm always on the look out for another good book (as if I didn't already have more than I can possibly read in this lifetime) and hope to get to know a few new folks from all over. I'm a US reader... here in the midsts of the midsts... Indiana... and I'm a librarian as well.... So, maybe I can actually contribute something of use here or there.....

Hey there, good to have you aboard!

Share and enjoy!

What genres (and specific books) do you especially enjoy?

Cheers

Answers

1st QUESTION: As far a genres go I'll read just about anything if it's good and somethings which aren't so good... I've even read romance stuff... If you count Austen as romance (which some people do)... Currently I'm on a bender where I'm trying to find and read as many books as I can that have something to do with ... well... BOOKS... It doesn't matter what the genre as long as it has something to do with books....

2nd Question: When it comes to IU or Purdue I don't take sides... My wife would have my hide for not saying IU... but to be honest I've really never cared.... I know I know ... Blasphemy for a hoosier.... I went to a small private college for undergraduate work and I'm currently finishing my graduate degree in library science at IUPUI (thet's Indiana U. Purdue U. in Indianapolis for those of you not from our fair state).... So choosing sides in that battle isn't something I'm prepared to do...

In that case, you are still welcome here. :p And bonus points are awarded to your wife. :D

It's been a while since i've spent any time in Indy. I think the last time was for a concert at Market Square a few years back. (I spent the whole time in the bar on top :) )

Any way, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.

RaVeN

scburch said:
I just discovered this site last week and I have been enjoying poking around in threads and getting new perspectives and reading ideas. I'm always on the look out for another good book (as if I didn't already have more than I can possibly read in this lifetime) and hope to get to know a few new folks from all over. I'm a US reader... here in the midsts of the midsts... Indiana... and I'm a librarian as well.... So, maybe I can actually contribute something of use here or there.....
Well, welcome, always nice to see a new name around :)

Back