• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hello everyone

daniel1111

i'm interested in exchanging view about new fiction books that are out there I'm particularly intrested in cutting-edge, experimental fiction thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!

Welcome!

And sorry, that's not the kind of fiction I usually read. Not against it, but it does mean I can't give you any recommendations.

I hear ya daniel. I use to be a middle of the road, "nothing but the facts Ma'am" boring non-fiction reader. The people on this board have me reading the craziest things these days. They're biblio-degernates one and all.;) :p You have come to the right place. As for your question on recommendations, check out the "fiction" section, we ahve some good entries on that.

Hi and Welcome to BAR! I'm not sure about experimental fiction, to be honest, but I'm afraid I might miss something interesting if I don't try something different once in awhile..does that make any sense?

well, I don't know what would make you think non-fiction is boring middle-of-the road, obviously we read different non-fiction, first one that comes to mind is "A Shortcut Through Time: The Path to the Quantum Computer" by George Johnson. But if that's too dry for you, you can try "A Shortcut in Time" by Charles Dickinson which is a brief episode of time travel. Both highly recommended by moi.

Thank you guys!

Hi guys, thanks very much for your responses. I am currently re-reading Heart of Darkness which is sensational to my mind and I wholeheartedly recommend it. I also enjoy very much Flaubert's Parrot by Julian Barnes. Please let me know if you have other titles in mind or if you want to discuss literature in general - I studies literature for many years. Take care,

Daniel.

Back