• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

hello... just like everyone else!

cfleep

I guess I won't get much time for skulking since I signed up here... soooo.

Like anyone here, I love reading. I love it enough that I've got my own little library of sorts and barring that, my home away from home is the local library. When I'm not reading, I'm surfing the net. And when I'm not surfing, I'd prefer to be somewhere outdoors.

I'm a voracious reader and I read enough that I've got the dewey decimal system practically memorize, which is useful most of the time. Though, occassionally it is annoying to the local librarians... like when I point out the reason the can't find a book is it's misfiled on the computer, but right where it should be on the shelf. (Anyone knows the self-improvement is in the 150's not the 450's :) )

Ok, enough of that, I've recently run across an interesting site called LibraryThing. I can't tell you where it's at because I'm new, but you can google it and find it yourself. I am in the process of cataloging my books as well as any I read at the library. It's a very short list right now (only found it today), but more will be added shortly.

Look forward to seeing folks around.
Rick

Rick-keep giving the old ladies in pea green sweaters grief. LOL-glad to have ya on board, we need some more folks like you with a good sense of humor.:D

Welcome.

Hiya Rick, Welcome to BAR! What sort of books do you like to read? Btw, I'm abecedarian at librarything too.

Lol... I had to remove the reference to LibraryThing in your quote because I hadn't posted enough yet. I love filtering.

Well, I've been led to Danial Quinn's work recently. I've read "Ishmael", "Providence", and working on "Story of B". I had been reading "Plant Spirit Shamanism" which is the one that introduced me to "Ishmael".

As I said, if it's got print, I read it (and yes, that includes the occassional cereal box). In fact, I actually read users manuals, not because I think I should, but simply it's something to read.

But to be helpful I'll mention that I like fantasy/sci-fi (in that order), but normally it's for alternate world views. I like most of Orson Scott Cards work. I liked robert holdstock's "Mythago Woods" series, though I haven't seen anything for a while. Then there's Octavia Butler's "EarhSeed", but she went and died on me before finishing it. And there's Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" that I'm waiting for the last installment (or at least I ~think~ it's the last installment).

I'd be hard pressed for non-fiction reading, a lot of computer books (being an itinerent geek immigrant in the digital world), self-help (which usually isn't very), psychology, philosophy, mostly the 290's in religion... just wander through the library and mostly ignore the 400's and you've got my pattern. Though honestly I shirk the 700-900's more than I should.

Hope this helps answer your question :).

Later,
Rick

sofia, I like the tag... The first place I saw it was in a comic book, errmmm, I mean graphic novel way back in the 60's or 70's. Do you have another source for it?

Of course, it means we're all inmates and I know I shouldn't be here because I ~am~ sane.

Later,
Rick

A little side note... Did you realize that you are one of 5 abecedarians on LibraryThing?? There's holly (abecedarian01), drpepperabecedarian, latinabecedarian, and pperabecedarian. Just thought you migh be interested, or not.

A little side note... Did you realize that you are one of 5 abecedarians on LibraryThing?? There's holly (abecedarian01), drpepperabecedarian, latinabecedarian, and pperabecedarian. Just thought you migh be interested, or not.

Wow! I musta grabbed the plain jain version first! Funny.

Back