• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help me out, horror fans, please...

cajunmama

I'm looking for a book I read part of, oh, about 15 years ago. I remember vaguely what the cover looked like and the beginning of the story. It is a vampire story. At the start, the main character, a young woman, is basically raped in the back seat of a car (or maybe limo) by a vampire. The subsequent exchange of body fluids starts to turn her into a vampire, which is a big problem, since she isn't dead. She starts going through a horrible transition, having blackouts and waking up vomitting blood and such. And that is about as far as I got before my friend wanted his book back. The cover (paperback) was white with a pair of dark sunglasses and the title in raised lettering, maybe black, or a shiny blood-red. Even a place I could search using what I remember would be a help. Thanks.

Hmmm...sounds like Sonja Blue by Nancy Collins. I believe Sunglasses After Dark is the title of Book 1.

Thanks for the tip, Sell. I looked at it on Amazon but the cover doesn't match, but they change covers on paperbacks alot. I can't seem to find a synopsis, either, but no matter. I'm going to request it from my library anyway. I'll lat you know if that's it for sure. Anyone else think it might be something else? I'll read them all just to make sure. Like I've said, I love vampire stories.

YES!!!!!

Sonja Blue in Sunglasses After Dark is it!!!!!!! I just got a three-in-one edition from the library. *sigh* I can die happy now!! :D
Thanks Sell.

Back