• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I forgot the name of a book...

msannis78

I've been trying to find the title of a book I read when I was 12. It's about a girl who meets a scientist that has a potion that turns her into a duck, or maybe a goose, and she flies with them. Through the story she learns the scientist was a not-so-good guy, and she has to turn back into a girl to stop him. If you have ANY idea what the heck I'm talking about, please help! Email me at wnmrbubbles@hotmailcom, re:children's book.

Thanks!!!

I have the same problem and can't remember a title.

Sorry I can't help you msannis78. I have the same problem so maybe we can both get answers.

I as a kid remember reading a book that was about kids surviving on thier own. If I remember correctly a illness swept through the world or at least their part of it that killed all the people over the age of 12 or 14 I think. The heros of this book were living on a farm or in a rural area when it happened and they eventually made it to town where they joined a “gang” that moved in to a large building that they called a city. There were rival “gangs”. That is about what I can remember. If this sounds even close to a book you have read please let me know.

Thanks! I want to share it with my kids.

Sorry, I can't help msannis either. :( As for the second, it sounds like quite a common theme. I did once read a book by Jean Ure (I think) that might have been called "Plague", and that dealt with (you've guessed it) a plague that wiped out most of the population of the UK. Most of the people who survived were youngsters. I think it was the first book of a series, and I haven't read any more, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for. Oh well, I tried! :)

I appreciate it and it meets all the requirements except one. The earliest date I can find on that was 89. I recall reading it in middle school which would have been more like 84 - 85 and I don't think it was fresh off the presses even then. It seems like the title contained somethign about two cities or towers... I don't know though. :confused: I appreciate it. Unless you know of an earlier date...

Back