• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I need a Book Gift Recomendation Please

rwyarbrough

I have a daughter who will be starting college next year. She is majoring in English. I would love to buy her a very special book for Christmas this year that she would treasure the rest of her life. Can anyone recommend such a book please?

Thanks,

R.W.Yarbrough
Mesquite, Texas

That's a tall order.

How about a signed first edition (if possible) or a first edition (if possible) of her favorite book?

That's a tall order.

How about a signed first edition (if possible) or a first edition (if possible) of her favorite book?

Yeah, pretty much. It would help if you gave a few indicators on what she might consider special, either in genres or authors or whatever, if you want a specific title.

If you go with the rare and/or signed edition, I recommend a website called Abebooks, they're one of the best resources to find such things.

Yeah, pretty much. It would help if you gave a few indicators on what she might consider special, either in genres or authors or whatever, if you want a specific title.

If you go with the rare and/or signed edition, I recommend a website called Abebooks, they're one of the best resources to find such things.

I would agree about Abebooks they are great.

A first edition would be lovely, a very special gift.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions.

I think finding a signed first edition of a great classic or her favorite book sounds like the way to go. She is very fond of Jane Austen. Also. as a additional gift. I think a book of poetry would be very nice.

Thanks again for the help.

Back