• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Plans for the weekend?

Hey Lahondas, My pleasure posting the pics of the weekend. Apart from the incredible diversity of cars, there's been an incredible sense of community, which I so much need in my life right now. I don't know the "M42", was it an American car in Las Vegas you talk of?
If so, was it an Oldsmobile 442? Was it a really boxy and agrressive looking car? I still maintain that IMHO the late 60's/early seventies cars, especially some of the Detroit/USA automotive cars represents some of the most imaginative and innovative styling ever! Cars such as the Dodge Challengers, 1970 Mustang, Pontiac GTO, Buick Rivera (boat tail), late sixties Chevy Camaros etc etc pave the way for some beautiful artful styling. Even over here, in Europe styling was at its most innovative, with styling of cars YOU just mentioned, such as Porsche 911s and Jaguars. It's just such a shame we've hit this dry non-innovative market/fashion lead patch at the moment.

I've found, that, in this country at least, you don't have to be rich to enjoy nice cars, you just have to be innovative and able to think out of a box. XJS Jaguar coupes, for instance, are very very cheap right now second hand. And the narrow minded-new-car obsessed who witter on about running costs, should think more about depreciation rather then focusing on fuel economy so much. I've seen Jaguar XJSs go for under £1000, the same with XJ6 Series 3 (1980s)- but I wouldn't reccommend going that route unless you're handy with a spanner. Also perhaps these cars are only LOCALLY cheap? 1970s Italian Masrartis are also quite cheap over here...and some older BMWs.

As for the E type Jaguar/XKE I think that was a land mark car. Why are you do keen on the Series 3 type so much? That's the V12 variant in fact- that was ALSO later used on the XJS too. I think I prefer the older Series 2 Jaguar E type with classic straight six "XK" engine- because it revs rortily and is a little more sporty. The mighty V12 in either the E type of later XJS is more of a cruiser. Have you been in the V12?
I rememeber my first experience in a 1971 Jaguar V12 XJ saloon/sedan, I was amazed by its incredible smoothness. Forget crass characterless Lexus', here was a CHARISMATIC engine that sounded like it was barely breaking a sweat when it was being revved to 5000 rpm- and wasn't just QUIET like alot of Jap cars of today.

VTChewbecca, Is that a Trek-like avatar/icon I spot? If so-I hope you're not a "redshirt" :p

Litany: They'll slide off! I have a short bonnet! :p

Marquis Rex said:
\VTChewbecca, Is that a Trek-like avatar/icon I spot? If so-I hope you're not a "redshirt" :p

It is a Trek-like avatar....the Science officer emblem. And I'm no redshirt ;)

Reminds me of our "homemade" football teams in Madden. My husband has the red shirt ensigns and I have the Wookies. The wookies ALWAYS manage to slaughter the ensigns, no matter which iteration of Madden we play.

I hope Monty came with a box of tissues. That thing flowing out of it is disgusting. :eek:

RaVeN

Nope. I saw a tortoise with the squirts once though, but it came out reeaaall slooowww. In comparrison, I'd say the hare was the winner. :)

RaVeN

Litany said:
I'll post links rather than the piccies.

Monty
Monopoly

The photos don't convey how truly tiny and fuzzy and cute they are though.

They're precious. I always have thought rabbits were beautiful, and Monty & Monopoly are absolutely adorable. :)

Doesn't get any cuter than a baby rabbit. Can't blame you for succumbing to temptation.

I always have to be the bad guy and tell Wolf he has to put the kitten back. :( It's just best if we don't go to the pet supply store on Saturdays when the pet adoption people are there.

Ashlea said:
I always have to be the bad guy and tell Wolf he has to put the kitten back.
I'm always the one convincing my boyfriend we have plenty of room for more bunnies. And if the bunny is cute enough he doesn't put up much of a fight. We'll probably have to move to a farm to house them all. :eek:

We had to move to a farm just for the dog :eek: There’s hundreds of rabbits in the fields - when we first moved in they used to run around the back garden, but since we’ve had the dog with us, they tend to stay in the adjoining fields – I just hope they don’t come too close when the dogs out as she’d love to have them for breakfast :rolleyes:

Back