• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

Probably not.

Congratulations! You must choose any period of Earth development and time travel there. The only catch is that you will have to spend the rest of your life within that period's environment. There is no maximum number of years you can travel but the minimum displacement is restricted to 100 years one way or the other as we can't have two of you running around at the same time. No, you can not take three books, you must shift naked and with only the knowledge in your head. The displacement is temporal only, you will appear at the same spatial coordinates in the time that you choose. Assume the technology is capable of showing you a snapshot of several meters surrounding your destination before you commit the transaction. You don't want to step through only to find yourself embedded in a tree or in the middle of an active lava field, right?

Which period do you choose?

As interesting as this is... this naked business might get me into a lot of trouble. :S

I'd want to go to the future! (Why go to the past when I know what's going to happen already... There's nothing I want to change either.) To the future... around the 2200's which should be close enough to observe the changes in society/culture/technology from this time period. (Maybe my neighbourhood will be a ghetto in the future? :O)

Again

oh, what the hell. I'll go to the past and mess up the future. So who knows if any of us are really here now.

What about you?

The eighties, I'm looking for Sarah Connor.

She was hot in more than one way, but it isn't a century back. The hardware has transported you to 65,000,000 years ago as punishment for your transgressing of the rules. You were made a meal of shortly thereafter.

For me, 1870. Arriving with nothing would be okay if I get to retain my 21st century brain. Making a dollar, pound or franc would have been a cinch for most anyone with that knowledge. Easier still if you happen to be of the Caucasian male variety. Gilded Age indeed.

Again.

It would appear some irresponsible person mucking about in the past accidently stepped on a tyrannosaur egg. That particular unhatched dinosaur was the one that ate me.

Could someone activate the displacement please?

Again

Back