• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Read it again for the first time?

Prairie_Girl

What book do you wish you could read again for the first time?
Myself it would be The Historian, Lolia and The Time Traveller's Wife. Anyone else?

The Wrong Boy - Willy Russell
The Lord of the Rings - Tolkien
The Dark Tower series - Stephen King

The Grapes of Wrath ~ John Steinbeck
Ten Little Indians ~ Agatha Christie

and maybe Silence of the Lambs ~ Thomas Harris

What an interesting question!!! I guess these would be books that you just didn't want to end, or books that changed an opinion or a viewpoint so that re-reading them would be a completely different experience.

Watership Down, Dracula, Abraham Lincoln (The Prarie Years, The War Years), House of Leaves, Focault's Pendulum.

Surely almost anything with much of a plot. Time Traveler's Wife, if I'd even bother with it again, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Out by Natsuo Kirino, Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Books that you read and the plot is way beyond anything you could ever imagine: Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder.

Lolita et al., books by Dostoyevsky, James Joyce, etc are books that I am grateful for having read once (or a number of times) before. The reading experience isn't 'spoilt' by knowing what happens. One exception is maybe Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Tolkien's stuff are the books I would erase the first time just to not bother with them again, though The Hobbit was okay, I guess.

And then there were None by Agatha Christie
The entire Harry Potter series by JKR
and maybe Bram Stoker's Dracula

Life of Pi - there's no un-knowing that ending; it changes everything.

i thought that book was just about like pi and how they came up with it.

Don't spoil the ending!!!

I wish I could read "High Fidelity" again for the first time. It was the first time I'd read anything from the non-horror genre that wasnt for school, and I laughed so hard.

And I guess "It" since it's my fave.

Probably the entire "Drizzt" books...those were good times. I was 14-16 so I didnt pay much heed to the grammatical errors and such. They were an utter joy.:)

Also...possibly...The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and Tietam Brown by Mick Foley.

Back