• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Self published?

self-published does not mean you don't need an editor. And by editor I don't mean your family or best friend who haven't the heart to tell you 'this is junk' or 'this needs serious rewriting' or 'hey don't you think you over did the adjectives?' or 'this just doesn't make sense here'.

It's very easy to miss mistakes in one's own writing, so having many other people read a work is def a plus. There are quite a few traditionally published works that still slip through with mistakes though. (I agree on getting honest editors...+ the whole hit/miss thing with self-published works.)

Last edited:
That's right! We are too close to our own work to self-edit. Those who do self-edit are doing themselves a great disservice by saving a few bucks.

I've never brought myself to read lovecraft, but I have a friend who's a huge fan. Grammar's one thing, but editors do lot more than that...they tell you things like "this part has no purpose in the story"

Back