• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The Law of the Jungle

WriterJohnB

I have already posted this in another thread, but since I'm guessing many have their ignore buttons punched for this person or that, I am also putting it here.

The Law of the Jungle

Once upon a time there was an itty-bitty mouse who, despite his mommy's warnings, ate too much cheese. He had a tummy-ache all night and, in the morning, defecated a huge pile of mousy pellets. When he had finished, he looked at the heap. "My goodnesses," he thought, "those turds look just kind of like bricks." And then he had an idea. It was only a little idea but, then again, he was only a little rodent.

He gathered up a few of the turds and ran to the top of a cliff. Many animals grazed on the plain below. "Look," he shouted. "Has pwoduced these fine bwicks fwom my own wittle ass."

Many of the animals laughed, for the mouse had poor diction and did not speak in coherent sentences. They ignored him. But a few kindly animals approached the cliff and looked at the rodent droppings. "So why did you bring these turds and show them to us?" asked a majestic gazelle.

The little mouse puffed his fur out and tried to look important. "Going to will constwuct a domicile with them," he said. "Who would wike to puwchase the wesidence I is pweparing anticipate to fabwicate?"

A giraffe stretched his neck and looked at the pellets. "Have you ever built anything before?"!

"No," declared the mouse, "but become will be da best house ever!"

A hyena asked. "Why would anyone want to buy a house from a rodent who's never built one before? Besides, those turds do not look like they would make a very nice house."

"Yes," agreed a lion. "And they don't smell very good, either."

The mouse stood tall and called upon his debating prowess. "My shit does no stink," he said firmly. "It comed fwom my vewy own body, and I am cewtain that I is the smawtest and most handsomest mouse what ever once existed."

"I have built a house of twigs and leaves," said a chimpanzee. "And I have experience in these matters. Your house of shit will dissolve in the first rain."

The mouse jumped up and down in anger. "Will not. Will not. Will not," he cried. "You awe a stupid ape and pwobabwy you is pwevawicating about what you accompwished. I am the intelligentest mouse I know, and my shit is the bestest."

"Perhaps you are right," said the hyena. "Bring those turds down here, so that I might have a closer look."

"At last," thought the rodent. "Someone who smart enough to realize my genius, though, of course, not nearly as smart as I is." He scurried down the cliff and stood before the hyena, holding out a turd in his hand. "Would you wike to puwchase dis shit?"

The hyena swiftly swooped down and snatched up the mouse in his jaws. Then he raised his head, swallowed, and looked around at the other animals.

"Tastes like shit," he said. And then he laughed.

Sure, but the hardback version is out of print and manuscriptx used the paperback edition to wipe his ass (which is just below his nose) so you'll have to copy, paste and print. Just be sure to put my name on it; I certainly want credit for this one.

Take care and Merry Christmas from a devout atheist who doesn't mind getting presents, even if it is hippo-critical.:rolleyes:

XD. The story is wonderful. I know you're the chimp; can I be the hyena? I do have a pretty annoying laugh!

EDIT: Just to make sure this is crystal clear, I do not in any way, shape, or form, plan on eating manuscriptx. o_O That would be so wrong for so many different reasons that I don't even want to go there.

You made me laugh. Val, none of us are animals, we are but metaphors for sanity. The mousex shall consume himself. Merry Christmas.

Just had a thought, Val. You can be the hyena. I'll change the story so she spits him out, since he tastes like shit. And, you're right, I think it's obvious I'm the chimp. Let's see, who wants to be gazelle, lion, and giraffe?

OMG!, hilarious!!.

"My shit does no stink," he said firmly. "It comed fwom my vewy own body, and I am cewtain that I is the smawtest and most handsomest mouse what ever once existed."

We don't have a smilie to truly convey how funny this line is.:D

I just had my friend read this today while I was over at her house. She loved it, and read it out loud on the phone to another friend. First, of course, I had to show her some of the old manuscriptx threads. Since I wasn't signed on and it was her computer, I could still see them.

Back