• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Website Icon

Samerron

As I remember, the website, including the forum used to have an icon that would appear next to web-page. I'm not actually sure there used to be one, but I would like to suggest to create one. What do you think?

As I remember, the website, including the forum used to have an icon that would appear next to web-page. I'm not actually sure there used to be one, but I would like to suggest to create one. What do you think?

You know, I don't think there was one. It is a great idea though. You should PM Darren and ask.

I think that's a fabulous idea. I love website icons and was disappointed that B&R doesn't have any.

So I'll second the idea!

I don't think we've got an icon, so if somebody would like to make one for us, it would be fantastic.

What do you want the icon to look like? Any suggestions?
I might work on designing an icon, but have to know some specifications. I'll try to get some insight from the interent.

Personally, I love designing logos. I have many of logos just for fun. I can show you some of them :D

Here are some plain vanilla icons.

br1gc6.png
br2fp1.png
........aimg117.imageshack.us_img117_3250_br3bd3.png

Use the classic logo, if it doesn't lose too much detail.
aimg117.imageshack.us_img117_1547_brclassicce1.gif

I'll try to create some others.

These are nice designs Occlith. I tried to reduce the images to 16x16 pixels and save it as an icon. The best one was the first image you had. I have it read, but need to try it.

Who is the webmaster here... to whom should I send it?

Thanks Samerron. I'll try to make them readable in the favicon size.

Email your icons to Darren.

Here are some plain vanilla icons.

br1gc6.png
br2fp1.png
........aimg117.imageshack.us_img117_3250_br3bd3.png

Wasn't it you who made the penguins for Kook? You really do a great job at that kind of stuff. I've never been very good with imaging programs. :(

mehastings said:
Wasn't it you who made the penguins for Kook? You really do a great job at that kind of stuff.
Why, thank you.
Kook supplied the penguin and I supplied the clothing. I don't think she was brave enough to dress the bird in the kilt; it would have to go commando O_O

Nice! It's working properly. :)
It looks better to have a website icon. People would find it better to bookmark the site ...
Nice job guys... :D

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely smashing idea!.:)

Yay, there's an icon now!

Yeah...I'm a little late. I lost internet acess for awhile, then forgot about this site till now.

Back