• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Website to Help You Read More

dshipper

Hello my name is Dan Shipper, I'm a college student, and I'm new on the forums.
I'm a fairly avid reader, and noticed that I spend a lot of time reading - but not a lot reading actual books. I read email, forums, websites etc. and I thought if I could figure out a way to spend at least some of that time reading books I would be able to read more.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

I'm a fairly avid reader, and noticed that I spend a lot of time reading - but not a lot reading actual books. I read email, forums, websites etc. and I thought if I could figure out a way to spend at least some of that time reading books I would be able to read more.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Ah, you are one of the new literacy readers. Get a kindle.:flowers:

Try getting involved in book discussions. If you wish to make meaningful comments you'll be drawn further into the book you are reading and it will focus your attention.

Go to either:
1.)
A.) book store
B.)used book store
C.) library
2.) get a book
3.) take it home
4.) read
5.) ????
6.) profit

Don't feel you have to read a book from cover to cover.

I see the books on my bookshelf as individual universes that I like to visit intermittently. It may take me months to "finish" a book. Those are the books whose content stays with me the longest because each page has had a full day of attention and reflection.

If it is helpful for you to quantify your reading effort, think of the number of pages read in a certain period of time.

All this is not to say that reading a book from cover to cover is not ok. It's just that it is not the only way to read.

I see the books on my bookshelves as individual universes that I like to visit intermittently. I usually dip into 3 or 4 universes in each reading session. It may take me 6 months to ''finish'' a book...

I like that.

Back