• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

100th Anniversary

Roxbrough

Of the Great War and some interesting documentaries coming up on the BBC.
Anyone else have a military background and enjoying the occassion?

My Ph.D is largely focused on WWI, this is a good time for researching it. :)

Though with the deluge of new WWI history books coming out, rather a lot of it are human interest stories, ie. about the life of so-and-so who lived on Ballyjamesbackwards or wherever and also had a terrible time during the war. I'm not one to dispute that they suffered, for they undoubtedly did, but it's a lot of cashing in on very old and partly forgotten trauma.

Sparkilicious is doing a reading project thingy to commemorate the centennial. He arm twisted me riding with.

Damned hipsters...

Ooo! That sneaky Sparklepants is at it again! How very dare he.

(I bet you're secretly enjoying it though).

My Ph.D is largely focused on WWI, this is a good time for researching it. :)

Though with the deluge of new WWI history books coming out, rather a lot of it are human interest stories, ie. about the life of so-and-so who lived on Ballyjamesbackwards or wherever and also had a terrible time during the war. I'm not one to dispute that they suffered, for they undoubtedly did, but it's a lot of cashing in on very old and partly forgotten trauma.

I learned something quite stunning this evening, did you know that More English, French and Italian soldiers died in WWI than WWII!!!

Back