• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'll resist, even though I am definitely curious after all this commentary about something nobody has read. So, just call me dumb, I suppose.
Glad y'all are protectin' me.

I took this declaration of your general lack of intelligence as a request for additional information.

my reasoning

Has anyone ever posted an entire chapter (or chapters) on this website before? "Writer's Showcase" specifically?

If so I wonder if the author was really serious in presuming interested readers would read every single page printed in an enormously lenghty "post".

This website isn't exactly Kindle; so you're gonna be scrolling a mighty long while.

Has anyone ever posted an entire chapter (or chapters) on this website before? "Writer's Showcase" specifically?

If so I wonder if the author was really serious in presuming interested readers would read every single page printed in an enormously lenghty "post".

This website isn't exactly Kindle; so you're gonna be scrolling a mighty long while.

Considering this chapter you keep talking about is only six pages long, I don't think that would be a problem for you.

....is finding a way to earn some money off my writing.

I feel like the forums can be used much more effectively then simply trying to sell your work to people who stumble upon the thread (most of which don’t know you). Instead, why not try to post samples of your writing and get real constructive criticism? If someone suggests that your poetry reminds them of a certain poet then you can take that information and try to advertise to fans of that poet.

I know trying to make money off your writing can be hard, but writing should not be about the money, it should be about the love for writing.

been there; done that

The first part of your response is something that has already happened when I wrote this poem called "iPoetry" back in 2007.

http://www.bookandreader.com/forums/f21/ipoetry-13206.html

Other poems I wrote before and after; have been suggested as sounding similar to other more familiar writing.

You're right; writing is not about making money; writing is about expressing your thoughts on paper; telling interesting and creative stories with a lot of twists and turns.

At the moment; I'm unemployed; the career I chose for myself in technology hasn't gone anywhere in almost 20 years. If I had to make some sort of career change; writing seems to be the easiest of the four talents I have since I consider myself already somewhat above a beginner. The trick is making money. If I didn't I wouldn't even bother with any of this.

As far as samples go; I invite you to read all my poems and short paragraph stories archived on this website.

Back