• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

manuscriptx

Anyone interested in reading the first three chapters of my book 131; please contact me by sending a private message.

131 is a book of poems. Each of the many poems I've written on this and other websites over the years are about me and the kind of life I've lived. They also tell a short story about my own personal views and how the world generally operates on an obscure level. They tell of experiences I've had and the people I've known. 131 by chapter tell the full view inside each poem.

Thank You._____________________________________________________

Chapter One : Old September
Chapter Two : Save Me From My Comfort Zone
Chapter Three : Invisible Theology

Or we could check out your old threads where you already posted these poems, and in some cases linked to a blog that has gems like this:

I used to write text-only poems before on another website called Book&Reader.com but it got too boring for my interests.

Each chapter is about the individual poem I've written.

You can read the poem called Old September; but you don't know exactly what it's all about.

You don't know why I wrote it.
You don't know the meaning behind the title and the text.

All that is what makes up the first six page chapter to 131.
Explainations and a recalling of my life.

Old September is a recollection of my life through a series of Septembers.
For most kids; September is when the school year starts. My birthday is also in September. I saw September as an end; not a beginning.

If that interets people; it's worth reading.

If it doesn't. Then I thank anyone who reads this message or takes me up on the offer to read more of my new book.

The moderators of this website moved my advertisement of 131 from the chat, author and book search forums to Writer's Showcase forum.

It doesn't belong here.

Writer's Showcase is where people should show case their writing.

They obviously made a mistake.

The moderators of this website moved my advertisement of 131 from the chat, author and book search forums to Writer's Showcase forum.

It doesn't belong here.

Writer's Showcase is where people should show case their writing.

They obviously made a mistake.

Obviously the Mod who removed your threads from the other sections (me) was because you are trying to self promote and sell your work and that is spamming,I think the person wrong was you.

This is a the place to share some of your "chapters",if anyone is interested to buy then they can pm you.

Libra

Thank you.

Each chapter is about the individual poem I've written.

You can read the poem called Old September; but you don't know exactly what it's all about.

You don't know why I wrote it.
You don't know the meaning behind the title and the text.

I don't remember Shakespeare or Milton writing a book on what they wrote their poetry on, or why they wrote it.

meaning

If Shakespeare were alive today everyone would read a book or a series of books he wrote explaining the meaning behind everything he was involved in.

If Tom Clancy, Stephen King wrote books about their lives thorugh their work; people would read it.

My problem? I'm not famous. I could be if I made idiodic videos of myself that got a lot of hits on YouTube; but unlike Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and Rachel Uchitel; I'd like to "make it" purely on the appreciation of my creative writing.

If Shakespeare were alive today everyone would read a book or a series of books he wrote explaining the meaning behind everything he was involved in.

If Tom Clancy, Stephen King wrote books about their lives thorugh their work; people would read it.

My problem? I'm not famous. I could be if I made idiodic videos of myself that got a lot of hits on YouTube; but unlike Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and Rachel Uchitel; I'd like to "make it" purely on the appreciation of my creative writing.

Shakespeare was simply so awesome that he didn't need to explain his poetry to anyone. The same goes for Tom Clancy and Stephen King (to a lesser extent, in my opinion).

So you're real problem is that your poetry just isn't good enough to be noticed.

good enough

- I believe the criticism is; that my writing isn't good enough for anyone to pay for .

I can understand that. I took a chance in wondering that for the extreme few who visit this site on a regular basis; for those who positively commented on my poems before; they might want to read a backstory behind why I wrote them.

One person wished that I didn't write just a single paragraph.
All my poems usually last at best one paragraph or a half a paragraph.

"His name is Torment" was a poem I wrote that was almost three paragraphs.

Now that I'm writing a book about the poems I've written and how they tie into my life; a reader will get to read more than just a paragraph. The chapters I've written so far are six pages each.

No one has posted anything on this website longer than a full page of anything. No one ( I doubt ) would care to read it either.

Whenever anyone did take me up on the offer;
I'd deliver the pages by e-mail; that cuts through a lot of the commentary members write on this forum that clutter up a forum even more than it has to; plus it's not subject to any moderator's editorial judgement
( like deletion ).

- I believe the criticism is; that my writing isn't good enough for anyone to pay for .

Wrong. If that were the case I would've said so explicitly.
Your way of promoting your work is by cluttering (ha!) every subsection of this forum with the exact same thread, thus trying to force it down people's throat. Since the lovely moderators here have stopped you from doing so you seem to resort to complaining about their judgment.

Also, it's not quantity but quality that counts. If your poetry would be that great that everybody should run to the store to get a copy of both the book and your collected poems, there would be no need for you to try to artificially lengthen said poems - they would suffice as they were.

And lastly, by plastering the forum with your work, you invite any and all members to comment on it. So either just deal with it or take your poor excuse for advertising elsewhere.

" plastering "

- My intention when I posted this same advertisement for my book 131 in multiple forums was to ensure people saw it.

I don't assume anything.

I'm someone who frequents this website just for one area,Writer's Showcase.
I never cared to wander off into other areas of this website.

If I did assume anything; I assume other members were like me.
Some spend their time only in the chat section; the Author's section; book suggestions; Writer's Block; the blog section.

Assuming every member enters or will enter each section of this website is a fallacy.

I'd be like corporations limiting themselves to advertising only on one broadcast network or one cable network; or only on the internet.

I'd like to assume every member frequents " Writer's Showcase " but the intellectual side of me figured to broaden my range.

You know, you could always pay for an ad to plug your book. At least it's not a 9 page "novel".

- My intention when I posted this same advertisement for my book 131 in multiple forums was to ensure people saw it.

I don't assume anything.

I'm someone who frequents this website just for one area,Writer's Showcase.
I never cared to wander off into other areas of this website.

If I did assume anything; I assume other members were like me.
Some spend their time only in the chat section; the Author's section; book suggestions; Writer's Block; the blog section.

Assuming every member enters or will enter each section of this website is a fallacy.

I'd be like corporations limiting themselves to advertising only on one broadcast network or one cable network; or only on the internet.

I'd like to assume every member frequents " Writer's Showcase " but the intellectual side of me figured to broaden my range.

You're probably right, many people just go to some sections of the forum. Nevertheless that doesn't justify posting your thread in multiple sections. The sections exist so that people know what to expect when visiting them. That's why your post (after being edited) belongs in the Writer's Showcase and not in any other section. That may limit the amount of people who sees it, but I assume people who doesn't even take the time to read the threads in the Writer's Showcase section for free are not going to be very interested in buying our book.

I'll resist, even though I am definitely curious after all this commentary about something nobody has read. So, just call me dumb, I suppose.
Glad y'all are protectin' me.

I'll resist, even though I am definitely curious after all this commentary about something nobody has read. So, just call me dumb, I suppose.
Glad y'all are protectin' me.

It seems you couldn't resist after all... But is does seem you do not have the facts straight. The question here isn't the quality of manuscriptx's work, it's the fact that he posted the same post (advertising the sale of his work) in several sections. Since it was in violation of Community Rules, his post was edited and only the one in the Writers' Showcase section was maintained.

Back