• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

2006 is nearly over, so...

Seasoned Pynchon readers are saying it's a beast. I am so intrigued.

I finished The Brooklyn Follies and between it and JPod Follies wins hands down. Thrice the novel that JPod is.

I'm not quite a weathered "bookie" yet, so I don't know what books came out when, but a couple that I do know for sure are 2006 releases that I wanted to read, and are on my wish list are:

Shooter: The autobiography of the top-ranked marine sniper by Jack Coughlin

and

The Starter Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer

A novel called 'Dartmoor...The Saving'.

Bought it in Devon this summer as my holiday read. Difficult to categorise - tells the story of a tribe of tiny people living in hiding on Dartmoor. Manages to combine the Arthurian legends, impending environmental disaster and hints of magic, but all set in real locations. It may be a fantasy, but I really wanted it to be true!
Months after I read it, the characters have stayed fresh in my mind. A charming, delightful & thought-provoking book.
I can't be the only one who enjoyed it - I've just been shown a review that says, 'Slowly but surely this book grips you, like a snake crushing your bones.'

Back