• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

2006 Pulitzer Prizes

DiscoDan

The authors Geraldine Brooks, David M. Oshinsky, Caroline Elkins, Kai Bird and Martin J. Sherwin were awarded the Pulitzer Prize today.

The 2006 Pulitzer Prizewinners in Fiction, History, Biography, Poetry and General Nonfiction were announced by Lee Bollinger, president of Columbia University, which administers the prize. The Pulitzers will be handed out at a luncheon at Columbia on May 22.

The 90th Annual Pulitzer Prizewinners:

FICTION

March, by Geraldine Brooks (Viking)

HISTORY

Polio: An American Story, by David M. Oshinsky (Oxford University Press)

BIOGRAPHY

American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer, by Kai Bird and Martin J. Sherwin (Alfred A. Knopf)

POETRY

Late Wife, by Claudia Emerson (Louisiana State University Press)

GENERAL NONFICTION

Imperial Reckoning: The Untold Story of Britain's Gulag in Kenya, by Caroline Elkins (Henry Holt)

I've been checking out March by Geraldine Brooks on Amazon.com and it looks interesting, though not exactly something I would be interested in. I might put it on my To Read list though.

Thanks for finding those for us, DiscoDan! :)

The reviews for March certainly make it sound interesting.

I've been checking out March by Geraldine Brooks on Amazon.com and it looks interesting, though not exactly something I would be interested in. I might put it on my To Read list though.

I just added it to my list along with The Bright Forever by Lee Martin.

My mother read March just after it was released. She and I both wanted to read it after seeing a review in Bookmarks so I talked her into buying it (hehe). She actually didn't care for it and I didn't hear much from her on it. If a book is good I hear about it daily until she finishes it. I want to say she thought it was boring, but I'm honestly not sure since it was a while ago. I haven't even bothered to take it with me when I've visited.

Back