• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

a blue rose for all the friendship

I used to own a rose bush that put out blue roses like the one above. It was quite beautiful (it was while I still lived with my parents...since I've moved away, they killed it from neglect...not really garden people).

When I lived in California I had a bunch of rose bushes, and a couple were the breed that blossomed those blue ones :)

I don't like it. It looks pathetic - in a 'oh I'm a tiny blue rose dont hurt me I'll wither and die if I get too much fresh air'... like those terribly pretty doll children who you know have every allergy under the sun. Red roses look much feistier.

I prefer the antique, old style roses to the hybrids - they smell sweeter. Don't last as well off the bush and don't look perfect, tho.

I don't like it. It looks pathetic - in a 'oh I'm a tiny blue rose dont hurt me I'll wither and die if I get too much fresh air'... like those terribly pretty doll children who you know have every allergy under the sun. Red roses look much feistier.
Well, that certainly made me laugh!

Cheers

Martin you don't have to laugh just cos you're my fave. I'm happy to just worship you from afar.

My favourite flowers are forget-me-knots, mainly because I remember being really entertained by the name when I was little.

I think I need to adjust the color on my monitor. That rose looks more purple-ish to me. Like a pale lavender.

The name of the rose, the name of the rose............

humm, I think I should put this book on my to-read list.

Back